Saturday, May 13, 2006

old friends and feedbags

I love this title. I think the word "feedbag" is hilarious. Maybe I'm the only one.

Anyway, this weekend and next week we're getting to enjoy the company of an old friend from Brent's Academy days. Gary was a "dog of war" from Squadron Three with Brent (aka Coleman to his AFA buddies), was a groomsmen in our wedding, and was one of the first of Brent's friends that I met when we were dating. His entire family drove down from Virginia in 2000 to celebrate our marriage, his parents celebrated their (I think) 30th anniversary with us that night, his little brother Scott hangs out with us whenever he's in the Springs for military training, and Scott's girlfriend A.K. is now one of my bloggin' buddies. Needless to say we love this entire clan. And Sarah didn't miss a beat. As you can see from the pics, she adores Uncle Gary already...





Did I mention that Gary is an Air Force combat controller who spends much of his time in Afghanistan and Iraq? Who knew special forces could be so soft.

So last night during dinner with Gary, Sarah was entertaining all of us with a new passion for her soft food teether. Colleen had an extra so she gave one to Sarah to try out. Basically you put a piece of soft food like banana or avocado inside and let the baby go to town. I don't know if Sarah has ever enjoyed anything as much as she did this little mesh bag to knaw on. She was downright angry when it wasn't in her mouth. Kept her entertained for our entire meal. It helps that the Pigbear loves her some avocado. Thanks for the trick, Colleen!

4 comments:

A.K. said...

How precious! I love the picture of Pigbear and Gar with their noses together! You know that when she starts dating those boys will not only have to deal with Pigbear's daddy, but also Uncle Gary... So jealous that we can't be out there to hang out with all of ya'll! Enjoy!

Lori Grimes said...

What will they think of next. That "feed Bag" is soooo cool.

Dave said...

Didnt Uncle Dave coin the phrase "feedbag" in reference to that little contraption?

Anonymous said...

I just saw those "feed bags" for the first time last night - while I was shopping for Meghan's shower gift. I thought they were the coolest things!