Tuesday, May 09, 2006

best friends

Sarah is about to embark on a new adventure with her best friend, Caroline. For the next three weeks starting tomorrow brave mommy Samantha is going to keep both girls in the mornings while I sub at my old elementary school. Their kindergarten teacher is having a baby and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to add something to my resume this year, reconnect with friends from last year, and give the Pigbear a little time away from Mommy. Seperation anxiety officially began on Sunday in the church nursery so we'll see how this little experiment goes. I think once Sarah settles into this new routine with her best buddy she'll be happy to play with Caroline for a few hours every morning. Lately their favorite games to play together include grabbing the other's hair until screams, shrieks, and cries follow, rolling on top of each other, "camping" under a shared blanket and, of course, the old favorite "wheresababy?"

Yesterday they were having great fun in the rocking chair together until Caroline decided to give Sarah some extra love.




BTW, that first picture was not staged. Sarah rolled into Caroline's lap for a little cuddling...how sweet are those two munchkins?!

6 comments:

kwpershey said...

awwww.

so very sweet.

Good luck with the teaching! What a great opportunity.

J.J. said...

they are the absolute sweetest. i cannot WAIT to take some pictures of them together!!!! and to add spunky alla to the mix:)

Lori Grimes said...

What a great picture of the girls. I really love the one in the rocking chair.

Anonymous said...

These two are the cutest little munchkins! I am sure they will have a blast while you are off teaching Erin. Enjoy being back to work for a little while. - Gina

Anonymous said...

Just a beginning of a great friendship as your mom and I have. We did miss some years, but I feel we have made up for the lost time. Ah, to have a best friend is like reading a good book, with a chilled glass of wine.
Love you.....

Anonymous said...

You'll need that rocking chair picture when they're each other's bridesmaids in 20 years or so :)
Liz