Last night as I went to bed I had a sudden urge to grab Sarah, cuddle her up, and let her sleep with me. I just kept thinking, "last year on this night she was sleeping with me." We've worked so hard to establish good sleep habits for her so I knew this was a no-no but at 10:30 on Mother's Day Eve I just wanted to snuggle my baby. I resisted. But then I woke up to this, so it was all good.

After a yummy breakfast (my husband makes the best bacon) Sarah played in our bed and discovered that tickling Daddy's toes is hilarious...

but being tickled by Mommy's toes is even better. Check this out. Might take a little while to "connect" but, trust me, it's worth it.
Then this afternoon I received this awesome decorative addition to my scrapping space...

Now I can't resist telling a funny story about this "secret" little project Brent and Sarah worked on for Mother's Day. It starts with the fact that there is a very long history in our marriage of Brent not being able to surprise me. Ever. Under any circumstance. It started with our first anniversary when he "secretly" booked a few nights in Gatlinburg and the reservation receipt came in the mail just days before we were to leave. Then the following Christmas he went out shopping for the perfect sewing machine, found a great sale, had to sign up for some special offer to get it, and after being reassured by the salesperson several times that nothing would be coming in the mail, a sewing maching catalog arrived days later addressed to him. Hmmmm. Surprise failure #2. Then on my 24th birthday he "secretly" packed my bags, planned a night in a hotel (I LOVE a hotel) complete with a rented video game system (I never grew up) and my favorite fried chicken salad from O'Charley's. When I arrived home from school that day after taking my students on an afternoon hike I decided I needed a shower which was totally out of my routine. Discovered I had no blowdryer, no makeup, no anything. Hmmmm. Surprise failure #3. Sadly, I could go on and on. Poor Brent. Seriously, the failure to surprise thing is not for lack of trying. Or for excessive nosiness on my part, although I know some would beg to differ. He just has bad surprise karma. So he didn't even bat an eye when he came home from church the other evening and I started the conversation with the words "I have a confession..." I had seen this awesome Mother's Day photo collage flash up on the screen when I opened Photoshop that evening to edit some pictures. Seriously, how does that happen?
It doesn't matter that I saw it for a split-second and knew that something was coming my way today that would feature my sweet Pigbear's little red hat front and center. I love that hat. I love that girl. And I love my husband more and more each time he tries to surprise me. Thanks for a great day, Pigbear's daddy.
8 comments:
What a special husband to keep trying - though all prior attempts to surprise have been unsuccessful! Pretty good guy. Obviously he realizes what a wonderful wife he has. hmm.
Oh my gosh, Sarah's little giggles are making me miss her so much!
What an awesome collage! Looks like there's room for more than one paper artist in the family!
We played the movie over and over and just giggled all the while! Can't wait to see the pigbear and her parents.
Oh, that was so cute. I love her little laugh. Can't wait to see her in August.
So the more and more i get to know you- the more alike we really are. When i first started dating scott everyone said i reminded them of you (i thought it was a major compliment) but now i'm seeing it more and more! I have NEVER been surprised in my life no matter how hard Scott tries! We should get them to conspire together but somehow i think we'll stumble upon that also! Anways- hope ya'll had a great day and Gar was a good babysitter.
That laugh is just too adorable. Way to turn blah Monday into a good Monday. Glad you had a wonderful day Erin! Gina
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day for your first official one! I love you and know that you are and will continue to be a great mother to our dear little Sarah! Love, Mom
Wonderful and joyus secrets telling about Brent not being able to keep things from you. I have to admit, when reading about the hotel, I was surprised to read the things most valuable to take....a rented video system and fried chicken. Now, Erin what's happened to the frilly wear and such?!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Love you all...
Post a Comment