2. Lots of people have been understandably disappointed by the Blurb not slurping Blogger thing. A friend posted a link in the comments last week to a new site that might work though. I don't have experience with them but it's definitely worth investigating. Check it out here.
3. Baked cookies with my girl this morning during B-Ro's nap. We cranked Pandora's White Christmas station up and went to town. My favorite part was that for the last 2-3 minutes of each batch of cookies she wanted to sit in my lap and cuddle while we watched them bake through the oven window. Sarah is not a cuddler so I enjoy it when I can.

4. Her job was to sprinkle the sugar when the cookies came out of the oven which means there was sugar all over the floor. Which also means today was the perfect day to teach this three year old how to operate a dustbuster.
5. I've been missing my sister a bunch lately. I try not to swell on it though since I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we'll never live within driving distance of one another. It stinks.
6. Some of you asked how I was planning to make B-Ro's board book of baby faces. I'll share finished pics when it's ready but basically I'm using a blank 6x6 board book that I bought at JoAnn (or Michaels?) a couple of years ago. In photoshop I opened a 12x12 document and then pulled 4 cropped 6x6 images onto it of babies/kids in Ephraim's life. Then I used a basic font to type the child's name on each photo. Like this...
I'll cut it up and glue the pages in when the prints arrive.
7. My Dayton trip has been postponed. =( Brent is still coming in January but since we'll be fresh off of holiday travel we decided it would be best for me to keep the kiddos at home. The GREAT news is that he'll be headed back to Dayton again in March or April for two weeks and we'll tag along then. I'm disappointed about having to wait a little longer but I think this will work out better for our family AND for the outdoor sessions I hope to schedule while I'm there. Dayton can be pretty miserable in January.
8. For those of you who were moved by the video of baby Eliot the other day, his family has a blog. They have a newborn baby girl in their house now. God is good.
9. We're headed to my mom's house on Friday for the first of five Christmas celebrations we'll have this season. I think I need to go see this to get in the spirit before the festivities begin!
10. Giveaway tomorrow so stay tuned!


14 comments:
2 weeks in March or April...way better than January. We may actually have some natural light! I would LOVE to schedule a photo session with you when you are here if it works out for you. I don't want to pressure you as I am aure you have lots to see and visit with when you are here. Keep me in mind when you are planning photo sessions for Dayton:)
that book is going to be so cute! and he will love it! he loves the books he already has with babies in it!! oh, and i'm excited to see your christmas card!! see you tomorrow at preschool!!
I want a book like that ;-)
oooo Dayton sessions!!! I just might have to drive 3 hours for a session! Please let me know when you guys get that scheduled!
I actually saw the 99 Balloons special on Oprah or somewhere on TV. So, I thought I was totally prepared to watch the video clip...and....nope, I cried too. I think I could watch it a million times and cry each time. What an incredible family! Thank you for sharing with us all.
We can't wait to see you here in Dayton and of course, if we can we would love to get some photos of Lucas and his little brother. :) Miss you!
Four Christmases is hilarious! I highly recommend it!
Love your Ten on Tuesdays:) I'm always inspired!! Tomorrow we will bake and I'll even let the kids sprinkle the sugar!! Amy T.
FYI I blogged about you today.
xoxo
Hey Erin!
Happy Holidays! I just mailed out my Christmas cards today so you aren't the only tardy one in that department.
Question. I am asking Santa for a zoom lens for my Canon Rebel XTi. I'm totally unworthy of my camera, as I know less about photography than I care to admit.
I was trying to find your post where you answered all types of photography questions. Any idea what month that was?
Also, if you were going to buy (or more like WHEN you purchased) a zoom lens what would you get? I'd like a lens that I don't have to take on and off and swap out all the time. See....I don't even know the lingo. I just went into Wolf camera and they said I needed an 18-200mm OS Auto focus. It doesn't seem very common when I search for it. I don't want to be SOLD something by someone on commission ya know?
I'm one of those that SUSIE PSU was talking about. Except I don't claim to be good....I'm am trying though.
thanks!
Mandy
Hi Mandy, the links are in the sidebar...hope they help! I'm a prime lens girl though so I can't help you with zooms...sorry! Check dpreview.com for some good lens info though.
Hi Erin,
I slurped my sister-in-law's blogger blog back in August/ September and made her a book for Christmas (pretty sure she has no idea that was even possible). I had every intention of doing the same for my blog at the end of the year. After reading your post I was so devastated that I may have blown my chance. I have done a little research and I thought I would share with your many readers. You can still slurp your Blogger blog IF you have the older version of their Booksmart program. If you have already downloaded their older version DO NOT upgrade to the newer version. It is the upgrade that won't work with Blogger. I just a moment ago slurped my blog. Hopefully they will post a link to the older version- and maybe with a little pressure they just might. Hope this helps!
I hear ya on the sister thing. My sister, Leslie, now lives in Boston, which is where her husband grew up. I know they'll never leave Boston, so we'll never be within driving distance of one another either. :(
Another tip to slurp your blogger blog - I was just reading the forums at blurb and came across this entry:
"
http://linuxlore.blogspot.com/2007/09/livejournal-to-blogger-or-blogger-to.html
This works to convert your stuff from blogger to live journal. From there you can upload to blurb. Took me 10 minutes to convert to live journal. Easy process.
"
LiveJournal blogs still slurp just fine. So basically you dump your blog into livejournal using that link, then slurp it.
Many people commented that they tried it and it worked. Sounds like it takes 30 minutes (not 10!) but at least it is possible to do!
Oh Molly and Deb...THANK YOU! What great news! I'll be passing this info along!
Post a Comment