We just returned from our Christmas celebration at my mom's house, or, "pretend Christmas" as I referred to it for the kiddos sake. How do you explain to a three year old which present-giving occasion is actually Christmas and which one is the real deal - all the while knowing (and hoping to relay) that the real deal is actually only in your heart? Sheesh!
Our first pretend Christmas was lovely. There were frothy warm drinks and sparkling lights and gleeful children and family games. My mom and stepdad's house is so cozy in the winter time...something about it just brings me peace. Maybe it's the wine. ;)
Saturday night mom started Sarah on a Christmas card collage project that our prolific little artist very much enjoyed. Almost as much as Meghan and I enjoyed it 25 years ago. Mom pulled out the albums for memories' sake...




11 comments:
Mine too! Love that last pic with E in the background. We loved having you here! Love, Mom
I love Terry's beautiful collection, so artfully dislayed in the background! Glad you had fun!!
What a great time for you to spend with your extended family. Lucky duck.
I love Memory Lane it alway makes me smile :-)
How sweet! Memory Lane is one of my favorite places, too!
Memory Lane is an easy one to be on this time of year. I love that last picture with the little on in the background. It's like he knows he supposed to be getting into something there.
sounds like fun! looks like your mom does what i do - saves cards! well i keep all the pics and scrap them into an album each year. but i think your mom is onto something having them all in the SAME album!
that looks like so much fun! speaking of fun i had a great time over there last night, and seth had LOTS of fun eating your mac and cheese! we will bring the dishes back thursday since we were going to stop by anyways
Oh Erin, you had to bring up the wine. Ever since I've been pregnant I've been craving wine! Can you believe it?! Have no fear, I haven't given in to that craving but boy does it sound tasty. Funny thing, I'm sure I won't want it as soon as I can have it...typical!
Have a wonderful REAL Christmas!
Your mom always had such a 'homey' kitchen -- we always lots of talks when we weren't yet 'big girls'like we are now -- I know that Sarah loves her time there!
Mine, too! Terry, your red & white kitchen is perfect for holiday pictures :)
Post a Comment