Last week at a cookie swap with girlfriends a new friend tipped me off to 99 Balloons. If you haven't seen or heard the story of Baby Eliot, make time right now. Just be sure you're in a place where you won't feel ridiculous bawling like a baby (that warning is especially for you, Joel).
99 Balloons.
12 comments:
Erin, What an amzaing video. It really puts life in perspective and of the things we take for granted. To watch this really tugs at your heart for those loving parents. Recently one of my family members was told he needs a kidney transplant and a good friend of mine was told she has breast cancer, it really makes me thankful for my health.
Wow...so i did not know what i was in for. That was wonderful, sad, but so sweet that his daddy made that video. My brother that died lived exactly 99 days, we had 99 flowers for him, not balloons, but still, that video makes me appreciate him even more. We got to hold him and love him without tubes for his 99 days. He died from sids remember? Anyways, thank you so much for sharing
i saw this on oprah earlier this year. such an eye opener. thanks for the refresher!
Hi. Just found you through Sarah's blog (I also have a child who had a stroke at birth). Man, I AM sobbing. I kept hoping it wouldn't end the way I thought it was going to.... My kids are asleep now but when they wake up I am giving them the biggest hugs ever.
thank you. thank you for sharing that, it reminds me to hold my babies a little closer. i have not cried like that in a long time. how very touching and beautiful.
I'm glad my speakers don't work. Watching that without sound is powerful enough. My heart goes out...
Erin, thank you for sharing this. It really makes me stop and appreciate every moment I have with my little ones. What an amazing daddy for making such a wonderful heartfelt video of his little guy.
Thanks for the tissue warning! I am truly grateful for the family that I have and will cherish them everyday.
Thank you Erin for sharing. What a blessing life is no matter how short. This young child left a last impression on so many people in his short life. It reminds me that God has a plan for us all no matter how big or small.
Thanks for sharing this Erin. It broke my heart, but was so touching. I think I will be reminded of this story every time I see a lone balloon in the sky...
I was avoiding watching that because I didn't want to cry. I am glad I changed my mind. It was beautiful. and I cried.
I stumbled across your blog tonight and saw your post on Eliot. His mom, ginny gattle mooney is my sorority sister from Alabama. She is truly amazing, and their story makes you realize how precious life is.
Post a Comment