2. I'm SO excited to say...OUR FAMILY IS HEADING TO DAYTON!!! (for a visit, not to live). We lived in Dayton the first three years we were married and I loved every single thing about it. The people, our house, my job, the magic of newlywedhood, our church, the weather (yes, even that)...EVERYTHING! When we moved to Colorado I mourned it's loss for at least a year, even though our best friends moved to CO with us. So when Brent came home and said he was looking into a reserve job in Dayton I was beside myself. I've been dreaming about it ever since. I can't wait to see friends there and revisit all my favorite places. So if you're a Daytonian I hope to see you while we're there the week of January 12th!
3. Yesterday our pictures from Angela arrived...I posted a few of the kiddos and me on the biz blog. And here's one of the whole fam that I adore...

4. As long as I'm sending you to other blogs I maintain, might I mention that I'm trying to get back on the Photo-A-Day wagon?
5. Am I the only one with a healthy Etsy obsession? Here are a few things I love right now.
6. And speaking of things I love right now...

Is that amazing or what? Amanda at Queen Bee Designs emailed me a few weeks ago remembering that I had a subscription to Wondertime magazine. Her awesome work was being featured as one of their favorite gift ideas for the holidays and she was hoping I could grab a few snaps for her since she isn't a subscriber and wouldn't be able to view it until it hits newstands. Always ready with my trusty camera I was more than happy to oblige. ;) So how stoked do you think I was to get this in the mail as a thank you?! You have to check out her work...it's amazing!
7. My kiddos are driving me a little bit insane today. Okay, I lied. A lotta bit insane. Ephraim refuses to put his milk cup back on his tray -- opting instead to dangle it over the edge and look at me as he drops it and it splashes to the floor in slow-mo. And Sarah. Oh Sarah. Where shall I start?
8. The good news is...we're going on a DATE tonight?! A real, live, no-kids date. Hooray for babysitters!
9. Blog stalking anyone? Try a few of my faves lately: This is Not How I Planned My Life, Snickollet, NDG, and SweetSalty.
10. And for our giveaway...I'm renewing my Wondertime subscription and would love to share their 2 for 1 offer with one of you. So if you want a subscription for '09 post a comment and I'll pick a winner tomorrow!
73 comments:
seriously gorgeous pic of you four! the necklace is gorgeous. i'm so sad because my "F" charm is currently missing:(
I love the necklace. I want one!
I've never heard of Wondertime, but it looks like a neat magazine.
That necklace is BEAUTIFUL.
I have sent my husband the link for a christmas hint ;-)
I've never heard of Wondertime...but any mommy/kiddo magazine makes me smile and happy :)
I love your family picture! It's great! I keep saying that we need to get a new family picture done and the kids yell, "Are we gonna see Miss Erin again!"
Why do you have to live so far away???
Are you sometimes wondering how you are gonna handle the teenage years with Sarah? I know I am! Jane has these horrible PMS like melt downs! Good grief! You hear lots about the "terrible two's" and not so much about the three's... I find that the three's were worse for me. They were with both the girls at least.
You are not alone.
I'm going to make sure Jeramy checks your blog today! I need that neckless!
Love this blog!
LOVE that necklace! I think I need one! ;)
What a beautiful necklace!!
Free stuff...woo hoo!
I always laugh at how much the rest of you loved Dayton. I hated my job/our apt, had no non-work friends, was missing college life and DC, and was fighting more than I ever have with my mom over wedding crap.
Great shot of the fam. Love your shoes!
I just had a totally weird moment of thinking, "OH! You've totally got to meet Susie, my Internet Friend who lives in Dayton!" And then I remembered that she's your Real Life Friend and, I think, our link to becoming Internet Friends. Surreal, no?
At any rate, I love the necklace. And I want a subscription to Wondertime SOOOOOOO badly. I hear all about it and have read it once at a doctor's office, and it's at the very top of my list.
The family photo is beautiful!
Thank you so much for posting the Queen Bee Designs link. The necklace she sent you is gorgeous and I'm excited to get in touch with her for my own little sweet necklace!
You're coming to Dayton. I bet you are very excited. Is there any chance I can schedule a photo session for my girls? I am sure you will be short on time and have lots to do, but if it is possible, I would be beside myself with excitement!!!!
I'm so glad so many of you love the necklace. I seriously ADORE mine and I know you'll love working with Amanda.
Kathryn, funny thing...Susie's actually MY internet friend too! I don't actually know her IRL but many of my real life friends DO. I know, it's weird this here internet.
okay I am soooo excited about you coming to dayton - please let me know you schedule as I would love to see you and your family. YEAH!!!!!
I too share in your love of etsy! And I adore your family photos. I have not heard of Wondertime and am wondering what I am missing.
Yay! You got link happy again!
I love that necklace and can't wait until my baby arrives so I can get one for next Mother's Day.
Love that necklace! I never heard of Wondertime magazine either. It looks like a great magazine.
The family picture is super cute! I love the necklace and Wondertime is a very cool magazine.
Would love the magazine subscription!! Oh, I hope I win!!
I LOVE the necklace I'm actually looking at one just like it on Etsy!
LOVE the family photos!
Pick me! Pick me!Pick me!
Put me in the pot. I love that magazine. And that necklace is absolutely beautiful.
oooo love give-aways! And I love that you love Lara's blog!
Beautiful necklace and photos, Erin! I'd love Wondertime!! Thanks for the chance! ;)
Hooray for Dayton. I love it here and wish the military would let us live here for the next 15 years until that 20 year magic mark!
Wondertime is a phenomenal magazine, maybe more of you know it's partner mag, Family Fun which is another amazing mag! Thanks for the giveaway Erin and thanks for letting us know about your beautiful necklace and the designer.
Erin...what a precious photo of your family. The photo of you is just as beautiful as the photos by you.
Oh my... I will soon be adding a necklace like that to my wish list. Gorgeous.
Funny that you mention blog stalking...you as bookmarked on my iPhone-both of your blogs actually! Aren't you kind to offer your extra subscription...congrats to whoever is the lucky winner.
What a beautiful post. The links to the blogs were amazing... I'm sitting here while my students are taking their final and tears are running down my face. My heart and prayers are with those people.
As for the necklace... gorgeous.
Would love to share a magazine with you! what a great idea for a holiday giveaway!
That is a lovely necklace. Have a great time in Dayton. We haven't been back either since living there. I miss the friends we have there and wish we could travel too.
That necklace is so perfect! I have been eying similar ones on Etsy but that is the best. I like the "ripply" look and the single pearl. I'll have to drop a hint around here. lol I am off to Google Wondertime.
That necklace is beautiful. I'd love to have one with my little one's name engraved. Please pick me!
I love the necklace and HAVE to check out that site. Thank you for your sharing (once again)!
That necklace is really really beautiful! And oh how i love reading your blog and realizing i'm part of the reason you said YAY! hope you guys are having fun!
oh oh and wonder time would be awesome
Dear Erin,
In January, our Internet friend status will change to real life friend status. And that's the week of book club. SO maybe you should just read our book and join in on that, too :)
Can't wait to welcome you here :)
Susie
I think I will head over to those etsy shops, i have some gifti shopping to do! Thanks for the ideas!
Once again, great photos! That charm is such a neat idea - think I will have to pass it on to hubby!
Oh, I hope I get picked...I've never even heard of that mag! Looks wonderful!
Do you think that necklace would be too much with four kids names? I might have to go check and see what is available...it's wonderful too!
I'm putting that necklace on my Christmas list. Etsy is a dangerous ans beautiful place! We're doing most of our Christmas shopping there becaue I would always rather help out work at home mamas. On that same note - Kate at The Stubby Pencil has some wonderful art supplies!!
D.A.Y.T.O.N.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erin! I can't believe you are coming in January! I would love to see you! I would love it even more if you could take family pictures for us...but it will be freezing! I want to see you no matter what. We should go to the new CKV together and see Connie! :-) How long will you be here? I love all of your etsy picks, totally the same ones I would pick. Your family pics are so gorgeous. I looked at them on the biz blog too...love your sweater/jacket!
D.A.Y.T.O.N!!!!!!
First, love 10 on Tuesday. Thanks for the post!
Second, love the fam shot and your shiny shoes.
Third, DAYTON! I sent you an email. :-)
Fourth, a comment for the contest!
And last, 3 yr. old girls ... oh my ... I so relate! I almost left one little (almost) 3 yr. old girl on the side of the road because I almost couldn't take it any more! Geesh!
Thanks again! Heather in OHIO
You are one of the first blogs I discovered and I'm still as loyal a reader as when I first found you. My friend Deb and I were just saying today of all of the photogs out there with cool blogs, you would be the one we would pick to photograph our families. So maybe some time when you come back East to MA.
Would love to try that magazine.
P.S. I hope you had fun on your date night - what a treat! And the necklace is lovely - really amazing!
Heather in OHIO
I have to go and check the necklace out right away! What a perfect gift!
I'd love the Wondertime mag too!
oh yea, where did you go for your date night??? :-)
We outgrew Wondertime, but it is an incredible magazine! Good luck to your friends for winning it.
I cried about going to Dayton, and I cried when I left Dayton. But I do that about Every. Single. Move.
Will it ever end? (The crying, not the moving!)
Love the family pic and LOVE the necklace! That is so getting to emailed to my hubbie for a christmas gift idea :)
I would also love to get the magazine... I haven't read it, but it looks great!
Wow, looks like you know a lot of peeps in beautiful Dayton! If you have time, we'd love to get together! And if not this time around, I'm sure you'll be back soon -- we'll be here another 3 years!
Love WonderTime! What could be better than a free mag?! Sending hubby the link for one of those awesome necklaces!!!
Sarah in Texas
Love the necklace! Now I'm off to check out your Etsy links. I don't check it out nearly as much as I should!
LoL...blog stalking...it's what I think of everyday when I check your blog two or three times a day! Amy T.
Your blog spoke to me in so many ways today:
1. My kids are too driving me insane (2 and 1)
2. Love Dayton - grew up there, moved from there, have tons of family and friends there
3. Also blog stalk
4. Susie is an internet friend of mine
5. Just got a great pic of my family put up on the wall!
Oooh I'd love a subscription to Wondertime! C'mon Sarah pick me, pick me! *wink*
gorgeous photos of the fam - I especially love the ones on the biz blog...like you, I'm the one usually behind the camera, so I can understand how wonderful it is to have a great photo with the kiddos!
btw, i am soooo getting one of those necklaces!
What a beautiful necklace! My Wondertime just ran out and I haven't renewed it yet...maybe I won't have to. =)
Gotta love a good give-a-away!
Love Wondertime and your blog! I'm proud to say I've still keeping up with my PAD shots and am thinking about continuing it for next year. Thanks for your inspiration! Amy
I want to know what Sarah did!
Yay for family pictures! And thank you for the shout out! I love reading your blog, so I'm glad you like reading mine! :)
YOU'RE COMING TO DAYTON!!!! HOORAY!!!
Just the other night Mike bought a big map of the Eastern side of the U.S. and we mapped out all sorts of fun destinations...climbing areas mostly! Anyways, I noticed how far North you are in Alabama and got excited because you really aren't too far away.
I will be as big as a house on the 12th of January but definitely want to see you and finally meet your little boy. Lucas would love to Sarah, his first love too!
Oh, so fun!! And, as for the necklace..."I w-a-n-t t-h-a-t!"
I'm a stalker coming out of hiding! I love your blog!! Your family photo is great!
I have never heard of Wondertime magazine and it looks like a great magazine! Love the necklace - I'm seriously looking at getting one now! Thanks for sharing!
Cathy - (Florida)
Love the necklace, love the family picture, love that you've turned me on to Etsy and I've bought sooo many Xmas gifts from there this year, love that someone else is being driven crazy by their adorable children! ;)
YAY!! I am so glad you are coming to Dayton. My husband is stationed at Wright Patt. I seriously love that necklace. I am looking into it myself. If your schedule allows maybe we could get together. Both are kids are pretty close in age!
Off to check out what Wondertime is.
My husband and I were in the magazine aisle at Chapters on the weekend and I pointed out the Wondertime magazine and suggested it would be a good stocking stuffer for me. Love it! A year's worth would be even better. The necklace is gorgeous and the family picture is beautiful! Glad to see you are posting POTD again! Off to check out all the links now.
LOVe that family picture!
tara
I'd like to enter your contest and I also have to agree - that photo of the 4 of you is adorable!
Awesome necklace. I have one similar with my boys name on two different disks.
tracy
goodness you get the comments. ..
i got my subscription renewal in the mail, but can't decide what to do! i'll put my name in. .
i adore that necklace!
Thanks for a "wonder"ful giveaway;) Crossing my fingers that I win!!
oh, i'm in love with that necklace! i think i'll have to drop a little hint to hubby about that one. ;)
i've never read the wondertime magazine, but just visited their site and it looks great. thanks for the chance to win!
Love everything you do! Love the necklace...and the picture of it. Love your family pictures. As a photographer, how do you choose who you want to take your pictures?
Thanks Erin for sharing your life with us.
lovely photos, and that necklace is so pretty! i'd love to win a subscription to wondertime please ;)
Beautiful Necklace ;O)
That magazine looks cool and full of inspirations ;o) Thanks for sharing your two for one deal!!
That necklace is so pretty! Love the family pic, the kids look so much like both of you.
Thank you so much for coming today! It was so fun to hang out! Count me in on the Wondertime giveaway.
Oh...that necklace is beautiful!
Post a Comment