Monday, November 17, 2008

the girls.

I wish I could sum up in bloggable length our relationship with these Clarkies. I wish I could tell you who they are to us. If you have your own, then you know. If you don't, then I wish that for you. What you should definitely know is that these girls were created by their mamas to be best friends. They have no choice in the matter. Choice is overrated anyway. Arranged marriage works in many parts of the world, right? So arranged best-friendhood works for them - don't judge.

The day I found out I was pregnant with Sarah I called (in this order) my mom, my dad, and then, timidly, Samantha. Samantha had been hoping for a pregnancy of her own for a while. I had been not preventing a pregnancy for one month. And then, there it was. I called her on a Friday. She congratulated me, also timidly. On Sunday morning at 6 a.m. she called me with a screech and a squeal and a "HOW WOULD YOUR BABY LIKE A BEST FRIEND?!!!". And thus, our girls journey to us, and to one another, began.

Our whirlwind weekend together was filled with joy such as this...

painting...




and playhousing...


and snacking...

gaming...(and puzzling)...


and lots and lots of crazy, gypsy, princess dancing...



There was also snuggling at night (the girls shared a bed...and Sarah went to sleep last night crying, "but I miss HER!") and wakeup calls in the morning ("MOMMIES, IT'S SIX O'CLOCK!") and Christmas lights and tea parties and lots and lots of best friend love.
Just as the world should be. Well, maybe not the 6 a.m. wakeup call part.
(tomorrow, the post for Cobb/Clark BFFs V2.0)

13 comments:

Samantha said...

Sigh.

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, I loved reading this story and about the "arranged" friendship. So precious. You are very very lucky... Blessed.

Gina said...

I double the "SIGH"

Susie PSU said...

I triple the sigh. Your girls were destined to be best friends. I hope it lasts for their whole lives.

liz said...

I quadruple the sigh and add "some of us were there when you told that story the first time... and the hundredth time" so glad we can watch the BFFs from up close.

A.K. said...

i can't wait to share the next step like that with my BFF- it definitely adds something when you start having kids that are also friends!

J.J. said...

oh gush sigh, adore. can't wait for the baby boy BFF post:)

Amy said...

The two of them in their princess dresses is just too much! Man I miss you guys!

Amy in GA said...

This totally choked me up... wonderful memories, both created and to be had.

Anonymous said...

love the photos!
so darling!
tara

michelle said...

erin and samantha. i have tears in ym eyes. i know that you girls realize but you are so so so very lucky. i have 2 children,plus 1 on the way and i would give ANYTHING to have one of my best friends have a baby also.

Katie said...

just so sweet the two of them.

Anonymous said...

Those are just too precious! Love the nekkid painting!!