
Aren't they an adorable pair? Caden had the most amazing Robin Hood costume.

And Sarah was feeling pretty spiffy as a ladybug. When we pulled the tights and the tutu up she just twirled around for a bit, stopping only occasionally for a quick glance in the mirror. She was pretty enamored by her metamorphisis.
I had a ton of fun shooting our trick-or-treat pics using available light only. I don't mind the grain and the glow...it totally adds to the memories of the evening for me. I'll confess though that I think I had a *tad* bit too much fun. I was so enthralled with scoping out all the good porch lights and street lamps that I didn't get a single picture of my littlest trick or treater.
I know, I know. The mommy guilt is seriously killing me.
Moving on.
We started the evening feasting on delicious fall soup and treats with several of our friends and then we hit the streets with a bumblebee (you'll have to take my word for it), a ladybug, Robin Hood, a princess, the Hulk, and a clown in tow.
Humor me. There are going to be a lot of pics...


I didn't realize it at the time I was shooting this but I was loving the light at this house last year too...



And finally, one of my faves of the night...
Sarah was so into it this year which was so fun. She shed all semblance of her formerly timid and reserved self and bounded up to each house with gusto. She barely got out a "thank you" before running back to us yelling, "MOM! I GOT SOME!", as if she'd just pulled the world's biggest candy heist.
God knew what he was doing when he created childhood. Your own is magical, but reliving it again as a parent magnifies the joy a thousand times, wouldn't you say?







21 comments:
I completely agree with that last thought. Exactly what I think and it only gets better as the kids age and get into new things! Great Halloween shots.
WHAT?! NO PICTURES OF EPHRAIM???!!! HMPH.....
I love the ladybug costume! The tights are awesome.
I would totally say that! I think even said it on my blog (maybe not word-for-word).
And, hey, throw that bumblebee outfit back on and snap a few pics today. Nobody has to know you took them in November!
Erin...your photos of this evening are too sweet for words. I just love how you captured the joy and excitement.
You should make sure to get a shot of them going up the stairs at that house each year...what a great way to see how they have grown!
Yes, I agree!...and I've been trying for years to get my husband on board--he tolerates Halloween, but doesn't have the magical memories like I do, since he didn't trick or treat as a kid.
BUT, this year he came on board and actually got into it, carving pumpkins etc. There is just something about our kids' excitement that is irresistable and winning him over!
Sarah looks adorable and the memories she'll have? So priceless!!
PS You could fake the bumblebee pics. We won't tell.
I couldn't agree more with your last statement!! i was just saying the same exact thing to my co-workers today!
And she sure is a cute lady bug!
Well said Erin! God totally knew what He was doing, and it's in our down times (you know when your head is going to explode and your patience are running thin) that we need to remember the statement you just suggested. Thank you, Amy T.
Very, very true. I have to also agree that trick or treating this year was such a fun experience for me too. To watch the difference after just one year brought so much joy. What a night to remember!
I love bugs! Especially ladybugs and bumble bees. :) Adorable!
yes i would say.
Erin- your last comment is right on. The joy is so multiplied while watching your own child!
Miss Sarah looked adorable as always. Great photos Momma!
Lori
you didn't remember that door while you were taking it? Just goes to show we're really paying attention: I was totally anticipating that door revisited all week long!
Cutest little lady bug ever! I'm so glad she had a such a good time!
Never commented before but your last line really hit home. You have such a talent for not only capturing unbelievably *priceless* moments on film, but also for speaking/writing in such simple truth and clarity about things we don't always seem to realize. Thank you for reminding me of the true gift of parenthood. Lord knows, with two toddlers and a 1 month old in tow (all boys), that gift can repeatedly slip my mind. Awesome pics and enjoy your holidays!
super cute!
I completely agree with that last statement. And Sarah is gorgeous in red.
lovelY! i snapped a few in front of my own house and opted to leave my camera home this year.....it was still fuN, but i wish i have more shots!
tara
"God knew what he was doing when he created childhood. Your own is magical, but reliving it again as a parent magnifies the joy a thousand times, wouldn't you say?" Oh, just wait until you have grandchildren -- talk about magnification!!
Love all these Halloween pictures! Looks like a super-fun night.
I was pointed here to look at this adorable Robin Hood costume. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I think I know that little boy; he's in my daughter's preschool class!
And I've been wanting to have some pictures done of my girls. I might have to get in touch with you!
You take wonderful photos and you have a very pretty little ladybug. :)
Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment