I think my little post yesterday might have given some of you the notion that B-Ro went without any birthday hoopla. No way! His birthday was Thursday but we spent the entire weekend celebrating our little man. Saturday was his big birthday bash and then Sunday was his baptism. It was such a special weekend and he seemed to revel in all of it. I was reminded once again how happy I am that we chose to move "home". All 6 of Ephraim's grandparents were at his party and 3 of his 4 great grandparents were there! When he was baptized on Sunday and we needed two witnesses to sign the certificate we were thrilled to have his great grandparents each pen their names. That was something special.
So yes, there was a party. And he was pretty pumped about it...

I had lots of fun with the cake although I wish the second tier had been thinner...
The top tier was for the birthday boy. Grandaddy was there to help restrain him as he tried to grab for the fire.

And his big sister stepped in to save the day and make all his birthday wishes come true. Gotta love a big sister.
Of course there was lots of this...

We tried to have Brent behind the camera as much as possible to keep his foot out of his mouth. He made me promise not to blog this but he should know by now that nothing is sacred so here we go:
some relative or another: I think they're about to cut the cake.
my dear Aunt Jenny: I love cake!
Brent: And it shows!
To be fair, Brent was referencing the fact that my Aunt Jenny is an AMAZING baker and creates the most beautiful, mouth-watering cakes you've ever seen or tasted. But still. It was funny. And we spent the rest of the day teasing him about it!
B-Ro's love of cake showed too!
Then it was time to open presents which he was pretty into for a one-year old. Whenever he stalled a bit Sarah and our neighbor Betsy swooped in to help him out.
No actual pics of the present-opening since I was facilitating the tissue tearing but I have to share the hands-down best present for a one-year old ever:








20 comments:
Looks like so much fun for everyone there. Congratulations on his baptism too!
I think the homemade latch board gift is so perfect...what little boy wouldn't love that?!
Your post yesterday is so true; as our children came I felt the same...each fits in for different reasons and no matter how much I worried, there is always plenty of love to share!
Sarah would have LOVED that latch board as a baby. Happy Birthday, B'ros!!!
Love the invitation so much! so so adorable. happy thanksgiving peeps.
Happy birthday and congratulations, Ephraim! Looks like another wonderful party, and I LOVE that latch board! That was a stroke of pure genius!
Poor old Brent...men always manage to get themselves in trouble when they're trying to be nice, don't they? :)
Tell your Grandpa he should work for Melissa and Doug. http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Latches-Board/dp/B000NVBE1A
We have this and my 3yr old still loves it!
Happy Birthday!
What a great day. I love the fact that so many grandparents and greatgrandparents are near you. It's the one BIG thing I hate about being so far from family.
That latch board looks fun! He could go into business and sell these. Especially this time of year.
Glad he had a happy birthday!!!
wow! his grampa could sell those latchboards! GREAT idea!!!!!! awesome pictures!
tara
Looks like it was a wonderful day. Lucky boy!
I love the invite. I wish I lived in Alabama. I would definitely have you take my son's pictures.
Congrats on the birthday and the baptism! I love what you did with his invitation - so cute!
Just as a funny warning about the latch boards... my friend at work got one for his son when he was around B-Ro's age, and his little boy loved it. But, by the time his son was three and a half, they could no longer contain him in any room or door or fence, b/c he knew how to open every kind of lock or latch there was. Apparently they unknowingly had been training his to escape for years. hehe
just wanted to say that i love the invite. how perfect.
That is a GREAT celebration of that special guy! What a wonderful party (as usual)!
what an special present for a special boy! I just love him!
what a great cake! We had one of those latch boards at the daycare I worked at and everyone fought over it. What a great gift. Party looked like fun, I still can't believe he's one!
Oh my word, that invitation is just too cute and too perfect. You are so talented!!!
It looks like so much fun. A year just flies by with babies!
What a wonderful party! Happy Bday B-Ro!
Happy Birthday to Ephraim!! LOVE the invite, too cute. :) He is such a gorgeous little guy.
happy birthday....If I read it right, my son and him have the same birthday...mine just a year earlier.
cute invite too!!
Post a Comment