Wednesday, October 15, 2008

pumpkin patch, year two.

It hardly seems right that we've lived here long enough to have yearly traditions and yet, here we are - year two of Tate Farms with some dear friends. You may recall last year's trip when I was hauling around an 8 pound pumpkin of my own.

Same girls, new year.


And, um, why does my daughter insist on staring at her friends that way? I have to say it's starting freak me out just a tad. Oh look, she's not doing it in this one...maybe she's not a stalker after all. =)


As long as we're getting happy with the hyperlinks I'll go ahead and hook you up straight to last year's shot. Humor me.
And oh yeah, B-Ro was there!


But most of the time he was riding in style...


We even pawned him off on a fave cousin who wasn't afraid to admit that carting the little dude around was pretty fun. (Hi Lori!)


Possibly my fave shot of the day...the windblown Pi'bears hunkered down safely in the corn pit.


Safe from what, you ask?

Her thrill-seeking daddy who insisted on launching her out of a barn window. What you may read on her face as joy is actually sheer terror. And for the record, she didn't leap - she was pushed. Please enter into evidence the hand on the bottom.

Some among us weren't so timid...

Today the fun, tomorrow the pumpkins. Stay tuned.

13 comments:

Tammy Waida said...

I hope they were landing on something other than the ground!!

This year was year one of our pumpkin patch tradition. So much fun!

the larsons said...

that freaky stare is a trip. I am assuming there is hay under there!

erin said...

HA! Yep, it was a whole bunch of hay. So fun!

Amy said...

How fun! I have got to find a pumpkin patch around here. I have a few lining our front porch, but they were purchased at the grocery store--not quite the same atmosphere. I can't wait to see what treasures you found to bring home!

Terry said...

Loved the pic of Lori carting the B-Ro around! She looks like a natural! Lori, you were probably three years old before you weighed as much as he does now! Good to see you! Aunt T

Colleen said...

Holy cow, she got some air time in the last pic!! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I love that place...

Stacy said...

What a cool pumpkin patch. Looks like there is so much fun thing to do.
We are heading to one on Sat. morning. I hope I get all smiles and we find lots of great pumpkins.

Thank you for the great PIF gift. It came in the mail a couple of days ago. I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet but I will let you know when I do. Thanks again.

Samantha said...

I can't believe how much Sarah has changed in a year. Makes me so sad that I've missed (most) of it. :(

Jodi said...

That looks SOOOOO FUN!

Our pumpkin patch had a "how tall this fall" growth chart too and seeing your pics makes me nervous/eager to see how different Shannon will look next year.

Sarah really went from toddler to little girl this year, huh?

Jen said...

Okay they weren't jumping from a train while running from the law but it's still a great photo. Sarah does look all grown up. I love pumpkin patch pictures!

Marty said...

So not fair! We did Tates Farm two weekends ago and my pictures so don't look like that!! We're up to about year....how long have they been open? :) That's one of my favorite places to visit and it's always soooo bright that my pictures turn out terrible! Give me tips - we're taking the FAMILY next weekend (about 10 nieces, nephews and cousins)!!!! And yes, I still stalk your blog daily!! Your pictures are amazing!! Marty Rogers

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Her "stalker" stare is beyond hilarious! I think she's just trying to observe others joy? Because I imagine she's super sweet and thoughtful like that! I was also wondering what they were jumping out of the window into! haha! Looks fun!

J.J. said...

i LOVE how tall this fall. we didn't get there last year so MUST make an effort this weekend or something. and alla would be petrified, too. no willing jumping would be going on.