Tuesday, September 16, 2008

lil' trooper.



Our little guy did great. Thank you guys so much for all the well wishes, prayers, emails, phone calls, and encouragement. It really meant a lot to know that so many of you have been through similar situations. The surgery went great and we were actually home by noon which was hours before I expected.

Unfortunately Ephraim is in quite a bit of pain and is in need of constant attention. Brent and I commented several times this afternoon that it felt like we had a newborn in the house again. Thankfully our "newborn" should grow out of his neediness in a week or so. =)

So here's our B-Ro in his new bean bag chair. Sarah and I made a special trip to Target to pick it up after we realized that sitting up just wasn't going to be comfortable for the little man in the next few days.



I think this is the only smile I managed to eke out of him all day long...



B-Ro says, "hey mom...tell all your peeps I said thanks for the prayers...



...now get over here and rub my feet."



HA!

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god everything went well!!! he is such a cute little trooper!!
hope he feels back to 100% soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things went better than planned today for you! You're little guy deserves to be 'babied' for the next few days.

Renee said...

Oh, dollface boy. I'm so glad he's doing well, and you will continue to be in my prayers.

J.J. said...

aw i have been thinking of you ALL day, and i'm so glad he's a-ok. wish there was something i could do my friend. you are a super mom, he's lucky to have you taking care of him:) love you.

Susie PSU said...

Oh, you had some serious prayers sent your way today! I'm glad it all went well. What a relief.
You need to see how I linked you in my blog. Can you help that man at all??

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that all went well. Our hearts go out to our little-ones. May he heal real fast and hope you all are doing well.
Love to you all...

Anonymous said...

He bought a tear to my eye. I hate to hear and see little ones in pain. My oldest had surgery when he was six months old so I feel your pain. Glad to hear all went well and he is home. Give him lots of hugs and kisses.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well! Hopefully he will be pain free ASAP!

Kristen said...

As a mom who has gone through 2 "minor" surgeries for her little man, I totally understand what you are going through. Take advantage of having a baby back for a few days before he decides he's all big again. I am glad things went well.

Megan said...

I was checking all day to see if you would let us know how it went. I am so happy it went well and he is home where he is comfy. I was sending good thoughts all morning. Feel better soon, Big Guy!

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so happy the little man can put this behind him now!

And bonus on the bean bag - it will be great for newborn shots!

~amber~ said...

So happy that everything went well & thanks for taking a few moments to update us. :) I love that last shot!

Sarah said...

So glad to see your sweet boy did so well today! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

Carrie said...

I am so glad to hear that things went well - was thinking about you all day! Keep us updated on the little guys progress.

christine said...

what great news!

Sonja said...

awww! he's absolutely adorable! I'm really glad everything went well, and I hope he feels better really really reeeeeally soon...like now! hehe he;s just too sweet to have to be in any sort of pain.

Amy said...

Oh, poor guy. He does look so sweet in that beanbag chair, though. Good thinkin' mama! Continued prayers for a speedy healing! Love you all!

The Runyans said...

i miss your blog for a few days and you're off to the hospital.

i hope you all are well. prayers to Jesus are fixing to be said now for your family!

ellen said...

Sweet kid.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad everything went well. i'll bet you all are glad to have that behind you. we'll pray for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me...

Debbie said...

So glad everything went well Erin. Poor little guy. Been thinking about you all day and was relieved to find a post with good news and a well looking baby. :)

shelby valadez photography said...

I am so glad that he is doing ok, and I really hope he is back to his happy self soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well for your sweet buddy-ro. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

Samantha said...

Love you, love you, love you Ephraim Cobb!

the larsons said...

Even in pain he is just beautiful. So so glad you guys are home recuperating. He'll be back to normal in no time!

kristina proffitt said...

So glad it went well, Erin! Love those sweet pictures. Hoping he's feeling 100% soon! Hugs!

Susie said...

I was thinking about him yesterday, too. Prayers for a speedy and comfortable recovery :)

{The Tresslers} said...

Lots of love to that adorable little man!!

Neurotic Atty said...

I'm so glad it all went so well, but I hate that Ephraim feels so punk! Isn't he the most beautiful punk-feeling boy, though? Feel better, Ephraim!

Anonymous said...

Glad the surgery went well. Will pray for a quick recovery.
Colleen W.

Diana said...

Aww, poor little guy! I'm glad everything went well and he's home now. Thinking of you!

Shana-Lynn said...

I am just catching up on your blog. I am super happy everything went well! Sending hugs yours way. Hope E has a speedy recovery!!!!

Amy in GA said...

What a little angel. Glad all went well, and I hope he feels better soon. Thanks so much for the update!

Anonymous said...

He looks so snuggly in that new chair! Glad to hear everything went well.

Anonymous said...

so glad everything went ok! we were thinking about you and praying for you yesterday. hope the recovery goes well and you can enjoy the "downtime" with your kiddos.
--Krista & family

Anonymous said...

So glad he's doing well!! I too know how scary hospital stays and procedures are when it's your KID. Hopefully no more hospital trips for the B-Ro. :)

Chris said...

I'm glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear B-Ro is great! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. I know I live 2 hours away but I will be more than happy to help in any way possible.
Love,
Toni

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he had a horrible, awful, scary, very bad day - so he's due a little extra TLC for a few days. Even when he's cranky he's adorable. Glad it all went well!!

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that everything went well. I don't think I've ever commented before but just had to on this. So glad your little guy is home and doing well.
As I read Jenny's advice (what a gem she is!!!) I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed. I know I'm strange, but it just made me want to hug my babies tight!

Marci said...

He just couldn't be any cuter. I'm glad to hear everything went well and wish him a speedy recovery!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I'm so happy to read everything went well. I hope he's feeling 100%as soon as possible!

Janelle Anderson said...

I'm so sorry I haven't stopped by your blog since last Friday and missed your trip to the hospital. We had hurricane Ike aftermath come through Dayton and have been out of power for three days. We finally have power but many people in the area don't.

I'm sooooo happy to see the photos of of your big boy. I'm sure it was a very stressful time but what wonderful words you have on your Mama Mondays for others who also have to go through hospital stays. It can be so surreal being in a hospital...something that is supposed to only be in the movies or on TV only. I remember looking a Mike all hooked up to wires and tubes and being in total denial. I can't imagine seeing your child like that.

Looks like your love and strength paid off and the little man will recover quickly. Big hugs and lots of love and prayers your way!

Other happy news...we find out on Friday what baby number two is!

So happy you all are doing well.
Love, The Anderson's

Lisa said...

So happy to hear that things went well. Hope he gets back to 100% quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, little man!!

--monica