I'm laying in bed while the kiddos are napping, feeling sick and yucky and just a little bit bored. I started getting a twinge of a throat tickle last night and by E's 3 am feeding it was a full-fledge throat on fire. So for lack of fun pictures to share I'll just throw up ten things for this Tuesday.
1. It's Super Tuesday and I have yet to make up my mind as to which candidate I'm supporting. I've narrowed it down to two and I plan to make decide on the short walk to our polling station this afternoon. How's that for last minute? CNN has a pretty good summary of where all the candidates stand on the issues if you're like me and still making up your mind. Be informed.
2. Last night Brent and I reinstated Monday Night Dinners (aka Date Night). We were doing this quite a bit before Ephraim was born and I'm glad they're back! Basically we put the kiddos to bed and then make a nice dinner together. Then we eat it slowly without anyone picking food off our plate, with music in the background, and conversation. Talk about luxury!
3. The countdown is on to the launch of the business on March 1st. We're kicking it off with a grand opening party and I'm so excited about it! (the business and the party)
4. Sarah is a full-fledged potty-trained girl. I'm super proud of her and, apparently, she's super proud of me too judging by these two comments made by her to me in the last two weeks: "mommy, I will get you a potty treat because you are a good potty girl!" and "I'm proud of you for keepin' your panties dry." It's nice to get a little pat on the back every now and then, isn't it?
5. I am impulsive and impatient when it comes to decorating my house.
6. For that reason I have several things to sell that aren't working out quite the way I've envisioned. I'll probably list them on Craig's List and ebay but I thought I'd give you guys first dibs. First, Sarah's PBkids 5x8 wool rug has to go. It's less than 6 months old. Next, a set of dupioni silk striped gold-ish curtains, also from Pottery Barn and less than 6 months old. And finally, a really cool long white desk organizer with little cubbies and drawers and a place to slide your keyboard - again, Pottery Barn, but this one's a little older. Anyway, email me if you want to know more about any of those things. I'm probably not up for shipping the organizer or the rug so those are probably best for someone within driving distance.
7. Brent is taking guitar lessons from our friend Steven (father to Caden and husband to Amy...we love all three of them!) and he's starting to sound really good!
8. Brent and I have recently become addicted to this noise machine. We bought it for Ephraim's room but after sleeping with it for one night we decided we'd just get him something else...this baby is ours! There's nothing like falling asleep to the sound of rain...even if it is computer generated!
9. Ephraim is now a once-a-night nurser! Down at 7, up again somewhere between 1 and 3 and then up for the day at 6. I can totally handle this indefinitely. I feel like a real person again. And I can stay up until 10!
10. The staying up until 10 thing has been really, really good considering I'm now officially addicted to Project Runway. Perhaps I should reevaulate all the things I'm becoming addicted to...
10 comments:
I've got the Runway addiction, too. Right now I have season three out on Netflix. Hope you feel better soon!
Project Runway is a by far the best thing on television, and is a totally acceptable thing to be addicted to. :-)
I hope you feel better soon!
You're so lucky on E's schedule. I don't think my kids EVER did that!! And neither one of them slept through the night until they were after 2. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!
When I get run down, I get a sore throat. Go to bed at 7 when E does, and you might wake up feeling better!
So glad he is having good nights. That sounds pretty remarkable for a 2 1/2 month old little guy! Meg just slept through the first time this week, from 7 pm to 6 am straight, not a peep. I love her for that!
yay for sleep my friend:) and we have the same noisemaker...alla calls it her water cause she uses the rain function too:)
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. This was a great 10! We use the Sound Machine (all the kids have one). Good Job Brent on the guitar lessons. And Sarah, keep reminding your mommy that it is always good to keep dry panties! I love that. Good luck with your business opening. I am sure it will go well.
Hey Erin- I've lurked for a while (I think I first saw your work on 2peas back in the day)....anyhow, I have a few questions about your site (looks GREAT by the way). I am in the process of starting to move towards a "real" site and was just wondering...
1. where did you get your template from? I've seen that one several times and can't seem to find it online?
2. Did you do it yourself, or have someone else do it for you?
3. Who do you host with?
Thanks so much!
I love the Monday night dinner night. I think we just might start ourselves. Thanks for the idea.
Hi Erin,
it's such a creepy word but i've been blog stalking for some time now, thanks for leaving a comment and giving me the NEED to leave one back! I love all your work as well as your fun stories on being a mama!
Thanks again.
Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm officially a bad citizen cause I didn't vote today. Colorado does a caucaus. . . so I couldn't just go log a vote, I'd have had to go to a big meeting for who knows how long. Ugh. Bad excuse, but I do feel bad for not participating in the process.
Selling the rug? I thought it looked good!
Way to go, Ephraim. . . good boy for being nice to your mommy!
I highly recommend the Project Runway marathons. Youc an catch a few during naptime and more after the kiddos bedtime!
Post a Comment