Sunday, February 03, 2008

my smiley little man.

Well he certainly doesn't give them away for free but Ephraim is a full-fledge smilin' guy now. He makes you work for it, that's for sure, which is why it's been hard to capture with my camera. But today he finally gave it up.



(I love that you can see his sweet little strawberry mark on his ring finger in that one)





And then he threw in a signature Ephraim Cobb head-tilt, pursed-lip, perfectly adorable stare just for fun...



For the baby fashion buffs out there this is another outfit from Christi who is single-handedly keeping my kids in style! She dropped off another awesome box yesterday full of Gymboree, Janie and Jack and all the rest. Man I love me some hand me downs! :)

And for the photography buffs these were all shot with my external flash which I'm beginning to make friends with finally.

Have a fantastic week!

28 comments:

The Runyans said...

i love your carpet as the background.
it looks great!
he's adorable!

the larsons said...

Oh Erin, when they smile it makes all the hard times just melt away! Those are some of my favorites ever. He is too much.

Anonymous said...

What a great smile! He is such a little cutie!

Unknown said...

I just love your pics. Color, sharpness, etc. Have you ever thought about trying to do a type of workshop online. I know tons of us would pay to learn from you!

Debbie said...

I'm with Katie, your photos are perfection. Well, your subjects are too! He is one handsome little guy.
And I'm amazed with your external flash skills! I'm not really friends with mine in the least. Will you be so kind as to tell us where you bounced it?

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Loved the pictures!
I too would love for you to do a workshop, you know in all your spare time!
Do you have any workshops you've gone to or heard that were good?

Jen said...

Perfection!!!!

Amanda said...

Adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Erin- I hope you are saving all of these cute hats to take with you on photo shoots!!

~amber~ said...

I love these! He is so sweet! We took Emma's pics in a similar hat from TCP and I love it! :)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh my. What an absolute baby doll. He's gorgeous! And your pictures...!

I'm pregnant, and that sweet face just raised my excitement factor a few notches. ;)

Jen E. said...

awesome photos and background! works perfect with his adorable outfit!! love the light..you have the best light, i need to start using my external flashes a bit more I guess!

Jaime said...

Adoreable. Love that sweater and hat.
I am with you on the external flash....I figured it out about a year ago and just love IT!

Amy said...

Beautiful pics. . . that outfit is too much. Adorable as can be, but certainly all boy! Hopefully we'll talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. He looks so much like Sarah, but yet he looks like a boy. Sounds dumb, I know, but not all babies look boy or girl at this point.

J.J. said...

so so cute:) love the great outfits!

Unknown said...

Ok, I am sure you are way to busy for a workshop. I have a two and half year old girl and a 4 month old little guy, so I know how crazy things can get. I just love your pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, he is the mire beautiful lil boy i've ever seen!!!
And your pics are amazing, like always...

Wish flash did you use please? I'm looking to buy me one!

Thank you ♥

French mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin

with your flash, did you bounce it off the ceiling, a wall or over your shoulder?

Stunning work as always.

He is getting so big. I agree he looks like Sarah but in a boy form. hehehe

-Candice St.Onge

erin said...

Okay, let's see...

A workshop? No way! Thanks for the flattery though...it's always appreciated. :) I'm all about sharing what I can with you guys for free but I just don't have the time or know-how do put what I would need to into an online course. Definitely check out Wendy Schulz though if you're looking for a great online learning experience. The link's in my sidebar.

As for the flash it's a 420ex (thanks Aunt Lori...just say the word and I'll mail it back!) and I'm really starting to love it. It gives just the right boost when I need a little more light than I have on hand. These were taken on the floor of Ephraim's room which has the worst light in our house. He has a small west-facing window that casts all sorts of weird shadows around the room. In these shots the window is to his left and I bounced the flash off the ceiling at an angle. I'm certainly not a flash expert but the more I play with it the better I get. Have fun!

Shana-Lynn said...

Great pictures! Your little guy is so adorable.

jeri hoag said...

He is just beautiful. Awesome photos. Can I ask what lens you used?

Robin said...

AWESOME pics...as usual!!! thank you for sharing baby e's smile with us. looking forward to seeing more of them. :-)

erin said...

Jeri, it's the 50mm/1.4. It's what I use indoors 99% of the time. Especially for from-above shots like this since it's hard to get up high enough over a baby to get the 85mm to focus (which is the only other lens I have). Thanks for asking!

Gina said...

Just adorable Erin! He sure is a handsome guy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Erin for share your talent and your secret with us!!!
I don't know how can I explain you how much it help me!
You're a really nice personn...

Take care

French mom

Amy in GA said...

Oh, Erin.... these are just absolutely adorable. Good for you, and lucky you!!! ;)

Audrey said...

Oh my goodness, he is just the CUTEST little guy EVER!!!! Great pictures, love the color and such an adorable hat/outfit!!!!!