Thursday, February 28, 2008

the parent trap

I've been ensnared. I've fallen in. And I have no desire to climb back out.

My mind is tangled up in the parent trap that keeps insisting that no child ever has been as cute as this one. Ever. Well okay, maybe one, but she's the exception.

So I'm putting it out there; the phrase every parent whispers at least once:

I know he's my kid and everything but really, he's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen...








39 comments:

Joey said...

He is cahnging already. His face seems to be losing some of the "new baby" chubby cheeks. You probably don't want to hear this, but he is starting to look a little older...at least in these pictures.

Joey said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, he is pretty darn cute! The cutest baby boy I have ever seen!

~amber~ said...

In the last pic, he looks like he's saying "boo!" You definitely have a future heartbreaker on your hands. :)

Life In Motion said...

just precious!!

michelle said...

i would have to agree. (that both your kids are the absolute cutest!) and ive thought that since finding your blog ages ago ... and after the baby was born a few weeks ago i say it to myself every time i see a new photo of him.
(you are in BIG trouble with those two!)

Amy said...

Well, aside from this one other boy I know :-) Ephraim is pretty darn handsome!

Anonymous said...

You and Brent make cute babies - that's for darn sure!!

Jennifer O'Donnell said...

He really is exceptional!

Samantha said...

I can't wait to fall in love with him next week!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Can't wait to see him (and you) on Saturday!

the larsons said...

He is SO beautiful. I definitely see Brent in him. Of course I think that my girls are the most beautiful things that ever graced the planet, but you know S and E come in close behind.

J.J. said...

well i have to agree with you, he is pretty darned cute!

Kimberly said...

Yep, he's a keeper!

Neurotic Atty said...

He's pretty beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love the first one...you can tell he's thinking something, it's so sweet, and eye-catching, too. The way his face is turned...I don't know, but it draws you in!

He's a cutie! (And go ahead and say it, we all have about our own!)

Megan said...

Man, he sure is a cutie!

Kristen said...

yeah. He's pretty hard to top :)

Anonymous said...

Wow-I think I just might have to agree with! This baby is just gorgeous! I love the way he is looking at you! Pure sweetness!

Katie said...

Yep, he's beautiful. Baby Gap model here he comes!

Megan said...

he's definitely a cutie...almost as cute as my kid. :)

Jeanelle said...

He's just beautiful!

Wendy said...

Hey Erin, I will have to say he is pretty darn cute. Your children are gorgeous. Look at all of us who think so!!
Since you check your blog more than your email... I sent an email about Baracuda Bazaar (sp?). Thanks again for sharing!

Lori Grimes said...

He looks just like you

Cathy Bolander said...

Your children really are cute & very well photographed I must say. All us mamas think our babies are the cutest.

Robin said...

i can't believe how big baby E is getting! he's so, so handsome!!!

Anonymous said...

He truly is beautiful. It's his eyes and lips. I have thought that since you first started taking pictures of him!

Anonymous said...

So yeah- most moms think that they are the proud owner of a most beautiful child. If I am not agreeing, I will say something like "yes, he/she is just precious" and leave it at that. If the child looks like Buddy-Ro I would be inclined to say that I agree with his mom. He is B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L Erin!

Lori

erin said...

Joey, I'm ignoring your first comment. :)

Does anyone know who said this quote:

"There is only one beautiful child in the world, and every mother has it."

Truer words have never been spoken.

Gini said...

The quote you are asking about is a Chinese Proverb.

He is a cutie!

Diana said...

You have a right to brag. He IS one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

As a girl with no kids of my own, i can wholeheartedly agree with you Erin - he is the most beautiful baby i have ever seen! :) His perfect little lips, those BIG eyes, chubby cheeks - all perfectly beautiful.

Colleen said...

You know, there's a reason you guys are the parents to Gap's cutest baby, because you make cute babies! He's such a doll, just like his big sis.

kwpershey said...

he's crazy cute, erin. crazy cute.

Shana-Lynn said...

Dang is he ever a precious little guy!

Jen E. said...

! I agree he is something else!!! You and your hubby sure make beautiful children!! :) Next baby boy GAP model in the making!...

Jaime said...

He is just adorable....

Donita said...

I don't know how you handle living everyday with such unbelievably adorable children! It's not fair you have two, now.

jeri hoag said...

I know a couple of cute boys and a cute little girl, but I'll agree he sure is gorgeous!

Denise said...

Yes, you are biased but you are also right - GORGEOUS!! Sooooo pretty!!!!