Maybe this'll be a post with a little something for everyone.
First, about the girl: (since these are her "official" two-year old shots)
- her vocabulary expands by leaps and bounds everyday. Some of my favorite quips of late include, "No mommy talk about _______ " (fill in the blank with whatever I might be talking about at the moment), "Hey mommy, let's go tickle daddy", and "Papa ate Sarah's ice cream. THAT PAPA!" (we hear that one about 80 times a day)
- she also enjoys stealing soundbites from Ms. Caroline who may not be allowed to visit anymore after leaving these gems in Sarah's vocab: "the poop on the bus goes stink, stink stink!", "DUDE! MY TURN!", and (a personal favorite), "Daddy go to work at NASA. Get the cash monies."
- she heads into our bed every morning for a snuggle with mommy and a play-by-play of the noises daddy makes while he gets ready for work: "daddy brush his teeth!", "daddy drop the soap!", "daddy get dressed!". This morning she snuggled right up to me and said, "Mommy hold Sarah's back." What a perfectly two-year old way to ask for a cuddle!
- she's IN LOVE with her "little big girl boots" (featured in the photos below). Thanks in large part to Big Sarah's Little Boots.
-she's already enamoured with her little brother whom she insists she will "hold" and "kiss" and "share with mommy and daddy". We'll see how long this infatuation lasts once he's actually home!
Next about the photos:
-I wanted to find a new spot for these shots since I'm bored of my backyard already and the big park near our house has been the backdrop for other. photos. I've. done .lately. (TAKE THAT BRENT, who complains of my hyper-hyperlinking)
-We actually stumbled upon this awesome little light pit butted up against a rock wall, gorgeous fall trees, and...a cemetery!
- All photos taken at ISO250, apertures somewhere in the 2's, and shutter speeds all over the place but always above 1/125 (which is my general rule).

And finally, something for the mommies:
At the grocery store today I was intent on soaking up every fun, silly moment there knowing that this would probably be our last shopping trip together just the two of us (and, call me crazy, but we have lots of fun together at the grocery store). We were strolling through the produce section picking out apples, choosing red or green grapes, the usual. When I picked up the bag of cranberries Sarah really, really wanted to hold them so I let her (why? WHY?!). A moment later I turned my back to grab another item and when I turned back around I saw cranberries splattered all over her face, her pants, and tumbling to the floor. Nice. So my big 38 week pregnant self spent the next five minutes crawling on the floor, picking up every last berry, not wanting some old lady to slip and break her hip on account of my two-year old. Not a single person stopped to help but one perceptive soul did stop to chuckle and say, "oh, what an accident!". To which I replied, "Yep, she's two. Accident is her middle name!" (sigh)
So, whatever it is that brings you to The Pigbear...I hope you found it today! Have a great week, friends!





37 comments:
I come to the Pigbear for all those reasons. And because I love you all so much!
Erin -
I visit your blog to see your beautiful pictures and especially the latest ones of your daughter. I also love to hear about what she is doing. Her big girl room and two year old letter party have inspired me. My daughter is 18 months so I love to see how Sarah is doing. Thanks for having such a nice blog to come visit during my breaks in the day as a stay at home mom. I get sad when days go by with no updates. Best of luck in the final weeks of your pregnancy. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new addition soon!
I love those pictures! My favorite are the ones with the rain boots on! She is getting so big and looks like a little girl instead of a baby.
Thank you Erin for always sharing. For sharing your talent, your daughter, your wit and humor with those of us you do not know. I come to the Pi'bear for all of those reasons - because your work is an inspiration to me to learn the art of photography, because I can relate to the mommy stories with my own 21 mo. old daughter and because you have an amazing knack for story-telling, both in words and in pictures. Thank you for sharing your life. And I cannot wait to see what amazing pictures you take of your little man when he arrives - more inspiration for us all, I'm sure!
Heather in Ohio
P.s. I hope to plan a trip that brings my family through Huntsville one day just so I can have the honor of you photographing my kiddo! :-)
P.p.s. I too am busy thinking of my daughter's birthday letter party in Feb! Thanks for those tips and ideas too!
BTW, I love the new banner. I can't believe no one helped you pick up the berries. How aweful is that, especially for the person who even made a comment? Love the pictures. I come to read what you have to say. You are a very interesting person, always have been!
Those photos are beautiful, Erin! That Pigbear is a beauty! ;)
I come for all those reasons too! Sarah's vocabulary is hysterical, she is a smart one.
Erin- what lens did you use? Was it the 50mm?
can't wait to see pigbear's little brother soon on this blog!
i love keeping with with the coolest family ever- that' why i come:)
Oops, Shana-lynn, I forgot to mention my lens didn't I?! 85mm/1.8
Ha Ha! This post is wonderful. I am a visitor who I suppose visits to see what is happening with the 5d. I am not a photog really but I play one in my life....
I am angry at all those southern folks at the store for not offering to help you with the cranberries....I would have helped!
I was wondering....where did Pigbear come from? It is an interesting nickname. :)
Hi Hillary! Thanks for your comment...check out the very first post in this blog and you'll see Sarah in her "pigbear" outfit with a little explanation! It is an, um, interesting nickname. I'm sure she won't appreciate it later in life but we just can't shake it!
The beautiful pictures of your daughter always draw people in, but it's your wit and humor that keep them coming back!! I LOVE being able to watch Sarah grow up and resemble the adorable little girl I remember you to be. (I think my fav is the one in the pink)
And why the heck didn't you yell "clean-up in produce!" and let the store employees clean it up?! (Apologizing profusely and thanking them the entire time, of course). Ordinarily I wouldn't say that but come on - you're lucky you didn't drop the baby right there next to the oranges. (Then they really would've had a mess!)
I really enjoy your blog on your take of life, mommyhood and photography! My daughter is 13 months old and it is neat to see what is down in the future for us...
Best of luck with the new little peanut! :-)
-Kim in Michigan
I come for the girl, the wit and the humor and I'm never EVER disappointed!
I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before but it's one of my favorite blogs to visit, of which I accidently came across through a friend. You have such a beautiful little girl, who I feel I can relate to having an almost 2 year old myself. I love looking at your beautiful photographs, since I'm also a photographer myself. So I visit your blog for all the reasons you listed, and I love it! Thanks for sharing with us :)
And what is up with noone helping you at the grocery store, that's so not like us southerns! I would have been crawling around on the floor helping you out too :P
XOXO,
Cortni
I come for both reasons - I can't believe how your photography just seems to get better and better every time. And of course I love the stories about Sarah, too.
I think everybody agrees we all come to your blog for all those reasons! Your blog is a good combination of great photos and witty writing! Thanks for sharing Sarah with us (and the photo tips, too!) ;-)
Those are some adorable photos! Shes a doll. I can't believe nobody helped you!?! Thanks for the link about the boots....those are a must have for me now...I just love them!!
Love this post, Erin, -- and I, too, just cannot get over the fact that no one helped you pick that stuff up in the store!!
These have to be my new favorite photos by you! Absolutely breathtaking!
On a side note, I ordered my 5d today! I can't wait until next week when my mom comes to town so that she can do some baby wrangling! I just hope we aren't buried under 3 feet of snow so that I can get in some fun shots!
I started coming to your blog for the photography, but as some other posters said, I STAY for the humorous and touching stories. Now, the adorable pictures are just a bonus!! You are a fabulous storyteller, perhaps you should write books?? ;) My daughter Stella is 17 months, and I also love seeing what's ahead for her through the Pigbear's adventures. And our girls resemble so much, that sometimes it's scary seeing pictures of her - it's truly like seeing into the future for me sometimes.
I'll be setting out soon to do Stella's 18 month/Christmas photos, and you have given me such inspiration. All these photos are great, but the first two are absolutely breathtaking. I hope I get something just half as good! :)
Thanks for keeping us entertained with your sweet family. Can't wait for the new arrival - best wishes to you for a safe and easy delivery.
Amy in GA
P.S. If you ever pass through Atlanta with time to kill, please let me know!! Would LOVE for you to do a session with Stella. :)
What time of day did you shoot these?
I visit your blog preety much daily but I've never commented before. I too come for all those reasons. I have a daughter who is close to Sarah's age (she's almost 23 months). I'm also interested in photography so I come to check out the pictures. I have to say I've been missing the POTD. Sarah's 2 yr photos are gorgeous!! Best of luck in the last couple weeks(or less) of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see pics of the new addition to your family.
Shelley, these were between 3 and 4 in the afternoon and with the time change the sun was pretty low. We're getting sundown here around 5.
Claire, thanks for stopping by! Sorry I've been such a POTD slacker! I miss it too but I just haven't found the energy to keep up the blog and the potd lately. Sorry!
I come to the blog just because I miss you.
I come for it all. Love it.
Thanks Erin! I'll have to do some location scouting this week...I am getting very tired of Fox Run Park!
Like Susie says, cause I miss you!
And I'll say it again, but I love love love love love these pictures.
And as we say in these parts, "what a little stinker!" You can't help but be amused by what they come up with, these accidents. Seriously, though, not a single person helped out. Grrrr. That makes me mad!
i started because you are a photog and an ex elementary teacher...like me....and have stayed with you cause you've been an inspiration to me getting started....and mostly because i enjoy reading your stories about motherhood...soon we will both have two little ones we are running after and trying to juggle a photog business on the side!
I also come along for all three :)
Yeah, people suck that didn't help - boo!! And for PB... I love cash monies too, DUDE!
As many have said, I keep coming back for "all of the above". You are an amazing writer. So real. I imagine that you write exactly as you speak and I love that about you. I love hearing about your little girl, relating with the mommy and the photographer, and I also study your photos big time. Because I seriously want to be you when I grow up!
Okay, so these photos rock and although I love them all, I can't get over the one in pink. Perfection. Absolute perfection. I wish I could shoot as well as you wide open because I just can't seem to get there. I also wish I had just forked over the extra $$$$ for the 5D instead of what I decided to go with. I think I got a lemon. But that's a whole other Oprah!
Best wishes to you! Sending prayers up as your due date draws oh so near...
I found your blog on ILP (maybe almost a year ago? Could it be?!) and have been addicted ever since. I'm a fellow 5Der and I, too, am tired of the same photo spots. I have a 3-year-old and love the mommy stories as well! I can truly relate being a SAHM and photographer!
Sarah looks like a doll in that second photo- wow! I would have been grumbling over picking up those berries- you have such a good attitude :)
I come because I love reading blogs of other moms out there with baby girls, and because your gorgeous pictures inspire me to take better pictures of my baby girl! Thanks for that :)
I love Princess Pigbear for the little girl and her mom. I miss you guys.
If you come see Amy in GA--I'll have a photo job for you, too, in Atlanta! You can stay in our guest suite with a crib for Boy Cobb (how is that for weird...strangers inviting you to their house?). Eric and Marian can tell you that we are safe. Anyway, if you choose to travel, we want to be on your schedule!
Beautiful photos and fun blog--I love to check in! Happy birthing!
I check your blog every day! I'm an ex-teacher mom too, and a mom who loves photography. I love your great parenting ideas. I love watching Sarah grow. I love seeing your great pictures and reading your terrrific stories. We moved to a new state right about at the same time you did, so it was actually a comfort to check your blog and read about someone else experiencing moving with kids.
Post a Comment