Sunday, November 25, 2007

round one

If the poor kid knew how much of this he was in for I don't think he'd be smiling...








Sorry this is a short post but I think I've underestimated what being a mom of two takes! Hopefully I'll be in the swing of things and posting more about sweet baby Ephraim soon.

44 comments:

Terry said...

His hair looks lighter than it did three days ago! Miss you guys!

Debbie said...

The sleeping smiles are one of my absolute favorite things about a newborn. They may not be "real", but they are so precious (and entertaining!) and make you look forward to what's to come.

Sounds like you're hanging in there. And don't worry, we out here in blog world totally understand how hard it is to juggle it all. You just take care of yourself and those sweet babies of yours and we will patiently wait to hear about how things are going.

He is so precious. And I love the colors from his bedding. How fresh to see that used with a newborn.

Anonymous said...

The smile is too precious. I'm sure by next week you'll be a mom of two pro! Love to see pictures again. Hopefully I can meet your little man soon.

Amy said...

I'm very impressed that you even got these beautiful photos, not only taken, but edited, and posted here!

He's looking great and with that Erin specialty super-swaddle, it's no wonder he's sleeping peacefully! You are the master :-)

Brandy said...

Thank you so much for posting more pics of Ephraim. He is so beautiful and smiling already. He DOES know what's ahead of him.

Amanda said...

He's just precious. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Give him a big kiss for me. He's to cute and already smiling, thats a good sign.

Anonymous said...

Look at his hair!!! And his fat face! Erin he is just too perfect!

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! It looks like the bruises are already gone.

Anonymous said...

Erin he's gorgeous and I just can't get over the blond hair! So cute!! Seeing your little one makes me even more anxious for my little guy to get here. I hope you are feeling well.

Megan said...

I think everyone will understand and keep checking back while you get adjusted to being a mom of two. It's a huge adjustment and I'm sure you will do just fine with it. Ephraim is just so precious. Lovely photos.

Marci said...

Wow, I can't believe you have pics posted either. You are super mom. He is a beautiful baby. Congratulations again.

J.J. said...

oh so lovely...hope all is well my friend, thinking of you lots...

Stephanie said...

He is just gorgeous! I'll bet you'll be adjusted in no time. :) Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I can't wait to see him grow up! I didn't start reading about Sarah until just recently but I will be reading about Little E (not that this is an acceptable nickname - I just don't want to botch the spelling) as often as you post! Congrats and best wishes - I know you will be a great Mama of 2!

e said...

many congrats on the safe arrival of your sweet boy! Enjoy all the newness and sweetness of that newborn. They are little pieces of heaven!

Jeanelle said...

What a great capture! Such a sweet smile! (even if it is gas!)

Katie said...

Oh such a pretty baby boy! Well done Mommy & Daddy! I'm extremely impressed that you are already posting pictures!

{The Tresslers} said...

Your son is so handsome! Thank you for taking the time to post these photos. Take this time go rest and take care of yourself and your precious little ones and don't worry about your "fans" out here in blog world!

Kim said...

Congratulations! He is simply adorable-those sleeping smiles are the best.

Colleen said...

Sweetie pie! I can't imagine life with two...

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! So sweet..we love babies at this house and Zoe is fascinated by him! You will be fine as a mother of two! It just takes a little time figuring out what works..but it does! Take care of yourself!
Amy and Tony

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's so handsome!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!! Congratulations. Hope you are feeling good. Sending happy thoughts your way!

Joyce said...

How very precious, these photos are. With all that you need to do, with "two," I am so happy to see that you are getting back to your blogging.
Love to all...

Anonymous said...

Brent and Erin,

He is beautiful!! Thanks for posting pictures.

To Erin I would say that we ALL felt the way you are feeling! Going from 1 to 2 "ate my lunch," but it does get easier with time.

After our 4th, I kept telling myself over and over again: "One is none and two is twenty; Three is nice and four is plenty!"

On that note, our girls still say "A dot is alot" every single time they use glue! Many thanks to the most wonderful kindergarten teacher ever. =)

Hang in there,

Love,
Wendy and girls ("myfairladies")

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!! Hang in there, it'll get easier once you've got your strength back.

Anonymous said...

Love the cornucopia theme for your Thanksgiving boy. :)

What a sweet smile. Good thing because I have feeling he might have a FEW pictures taken of him.

Heather said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. I know you're life will be super busy now that you have two. Enjoy these early days when the little ones are sooo sweet. Jackson's almost 8 weeks old now (time is flying) and he's starting to outgrow his newborn outfits and making me sad :-( Congrats again!!
Heather Rankin

Anonymous said...

I didn't leave a comment earlier, so congratulations and welcome to Ephraim! I've showed Leah the pics of Sarah holding her new baby brother in hopes it will help. We've been having some issues: "No baby come to Leah's house!"
...And that hair looks a lot like Leah's did when she was born :-)

Marla said...

He looks so incredibly sweet, Erin!! So adorable. :)

liz said...

sooo cute! he's smiling like a Cobb already. I miss him :)

Janice said...

Erin, I can't even believe you had the time to take such gorgeous photos and blog about it! I'm glad you did but we all understand if you aren't able to espcially around this busy holiday season!

I love all the pictures as always! Love the lighting, too!

Denise said...

Okay, you WILL get the hang of this!!! I promise!!! But, man oh man - another beautiful child! Wow, he's so beautiful!!!!!

Tina said...

OH MY GOODNESS.....He is so adorable Erin, Congrats!
It's good to hear that all of you are doing well, and what a sweet letter to pigbear that was...I hope you have that printed out somewhere for her for a later date!!
Tina

Daisy said...

How do you manage to capture all those warm, fuzzy feelings in your pictures?!?! I'm surprised at my own emotional response to seeing your precious son - as well as all of the prior pictures of your equally precious daughter. Thank you so much for sharing!

I'm sure things are hectic, but I can't imagine anyone dealing with it better than you!

Best,
Daisy

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beatiful! I hope you find yourself adjusting to being a mommy of two more and more each day. Enjoy the time with that amazingly adorable son and daughter.

All my best to the whole family,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little boy. We understand what it takes with 2 in the house, get your rest and we will wait for your blogs.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh, he is just perfect and beautiful! He looks so warm and snuggly! Congratulations, Erin. What a gift!

{Myra} said...

Congrats on your new baby. What beautiful children you have!

Best,

Myra Roblaski

Anonymous said...

he's beautiful! congrats on your newest addition to the family!

Amy in GA said...

He is just precious!! Those first few days are just amazing and soooo special. Enjoy this time (and thanks for sharing some of it with us, too).

Amy in GA

Gina said...

Look at that hair, blonde or red?

I can't believe he is smiling already. Hope you are enjoying Ephraim.

Susie PSU said...

More work, but more love, too. You'll get the hang of it before you know it, and you'll be blogging that baby all of the time!! Any ideas on a name for the new blog?