Monday, November 12, 2007

fatherhood.

I'm not sure what words I can use about these photos that haven't already been spoken by the images themselves. Sarah and I are blessed beyond my comprehension to have Brent.

Fatherhood suits him so nicely. (and he's not too shabby at the husband thing either, for the record)











By the way, none of these photos were posed in any way. We took Sarah out yesterday for her two-year pictures and these were the outtakes as Brent worked as "baby wrangler". This is just how they are together. Buddies.

21 comments:

Kimberly said...

so sweet...i just love daddies with their little girls. And I just had a thought...are you gonna change the name of your blog since in a few weeks a prince will be making his grand appearance!!!

Megan said...

Just lovely. I love that our wonderful husbands are that much better at fatherhood. I just love the one where they are walking away from the camera and Sarah is looking back.

Terry said...

I can attest to the squeals of delight coming out of that child when she hears her daddy's truck in the driveway! You are two lucky ladies, and baby boy will soon know what a special man is father is, as well. Lucky me to have him as a SIL!

the larsons said...

Sniff sniff, those are adorable. I never knew I could love Eric more until I saw him as a dad. Now I love him more every day. Can't wait for the big news!

Lulu said...

Sooo sweet!! But if those are the outtakes, do we get to see the other pics???!!! :) She is such a doll, and having only boys I live vicariously through your pictures sometimes :)

Shana-Lynn said...

These are great. I just love the one of Sarah turning back and looking at you as they walk away holding hands. So so SO sweet.

Love your new banner as well. You're so creative!!

Susie PSU said...

There is an incredible bond between a daddy and the daughter. I wonder if it will always be like that...
What WILL you do about the name of your blog?? Add him to it?

erin said...

Yep, I think we'll need to be changing the blog name soon! I think we'll just leave it as "princess pigbear" until we come up with something special for the little guy. You can't rush things like nicknames, right? I won't be changing the blog address though so he'll just have to deal.

Anonymous said...

Caroline thinks he comes in pretty great as a number 2!

Marci said...

LOVE the new banner. It is a beautiful thing, the bond between a father and a daughter. They have their own unspoken language. Great memory captures.

Tasha said...

AGAIN, breathtaking!! Photos and relationship!

Gina said...

Nothing like daddy time!

Anonymous said...

That is so precious! I can't wait for the new addition to come!

I teach . . . said...

simply. beautiful.

no other way to say it.

Amy said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those special moments. And the banner looks amazing!

Colleen said...

Lucky girls, you two...

Joyce said...

How very sweet. I see the bonding, when we are all together. He is just "MADE" to be a father and a good husband. Need to thank his wounderful parents, as well!
Love you all...

liz said...

LOVE the new banner - AND her wellies :)
ps when did eye crinkles get sexy? yum ;)

Anonymous said...

Liz is the all-time best commenter in the history of the Princess Pigbear blog. Congratulations, Liz!

-- guy with eye crinkles

Amy in GA said...

What sweet, sweet moments you always capture. These are just adorable - to be cherished forever. :)

Brandy said...

What a great Daddy.