Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sarah and Sasha

Sarah has recently rediscovered her little toy plastic dog, given to her by her Uncle Tory and Aunt Parmy for Christmas last year. When she got it she wasn't quite coordinated to pull it without getting all tangled up in the leash and face-planting into the carpet. How times have changed.

She's been into naming people and things lately and "Sasha" is no exception. After our visit with Nana and Grandaddy she came home and passed along Nana's cat's name to her little toy pup. She also has a black, female baby doll named "Ray" after our white, male realtor in Colorado. And she's recently decided that this baby in my belly should be named "Sam" (or Shaaam...and insert lovey-dovey smile) after a little boy that stole her heart during her one hour stint in yet another church nursery last week (church-shopping really stinks, btw).

So, here it is...the "Sarah and Sasha Series"...








Sarah and I are headed out this morning to spend the week with my mom but before I go I'm off to update my pitiful POTD. Rich and Amy were visiting this week so I took lots of pics but didn't post any. Sorry! Off to rectify that!
Also, we made another offer on a house last night so keep your fingers crossed!


20 comments:

Jen said...

I love the second last picture! Her expression is priceless. She looks so grown up in that outfit. Sam sounds like a great name it goes well with Sarah, we'll have to wait and see!

Anonymous said...

Sarah is getting a real Sam so I think she needs a real Sasha. I know she would agree with me even though you don't!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunt Lu! Once you guys buy a house Sarah needs a puppy. And I think Sam is a fine name...Sarah and Sam...sounds good don't you think? Have fun at your mom's!!!!

Susie PSU said...

Let us know about the house! And I had a little black baby doll in pre-school I named Cutina. I wish I could find her...

Anonymous said...

We have that little guy! You're right it does get all tangled up. Beautiful photos- Mind if I steal the idea for the series with DS? Of course our "puppy" needs to learn to walk correctly on his leash! LOL!

Anonymous said...

How cute. Those are the sweetest little pictures. As usual:)

erin said...

Stacy, "steal" away! My mom always says, "a good idea is always copied"...just make sure you share what you get!

Jan said...

Erin,
It's Jodi's mom... I visited your blog after I checked out Jodi's... can't believe that Sarah is walking... She's adorable and how lucky to have a mom who photographs her so beautifully!

the larsons said...

We have that puppy too. Sarah looks much more gentle with it than Stella. She likes to spin around with it so it slams into whatever is around, even me.

Love the pics, again!

Shannon K. said...

Awww..too cute! We have the same toy and Katie loves it too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Erin! I especially like the bridge ones. Also like the POTD with Shertzer's and the one of Sarah playing with her water table. We just bought the same one at Target the end of July and the girls and Noah enjoyed it (and our $6.99 clearance resin covered in sand whale sprinkler from PBK) for playgroup this past Wed. Such an awesome price...can't believe it was $40 originally though!!! Have fun with your Mom!
Colleen

J.J. said...

that must be fluffy's cousin! alla got fluffy (probably a year older model than sasha, with black ears) for her first christmas and she LOVES it and takes it everywhere with her, like to the farmer's market and walgreens and to friends' houses for dinner!

Ariana Rose said...

Oh how precious those are! She's getting so big. I love her hair now! It's so long.

I really like the one of her walking pulling Sasha. so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin,
I have been following your blog b/c I love the pictures you take of adorable Sarah!! I am not great at photography, but I love it, so I get many ideas from you! Poor little Annalise has many 'photo shoots' with me! Plus, I get to update Justin on what you & Brent are up to :) Take care,
Stefanie Bachmann

erin said...

Hi Stefanie! I had no idea you checked out our blog...so glad to see you here! We need some new pics of Annalies, by the way. It's been SO long since we've seen what she looks like. I'm sure she's super big by now. Thanks for saying hi!

erin said...

oops...mistyped her name!

Denise said...

Sarah seriously gets cuter every time I see her picture! How sweet that she is getting SO big and into naming things. I get to see a preview of things with Sarah because she's about 2 months or more ahead of Jon David. But, isn't this a fun stage??? Well, except for the temper that flares due to some horrible insult I've done to him like asking him to swallow before stuffing more food in his mouth. Does Miss Sarah do that stuff or is she just always that cute? We miss you guys! Keep us posted on the house!!!

erin said...

Always "that cute"??? HA! Trust me, we have more than our fair share of toddler moments, I just neglect to document them. This way I'll be able to be one of those parents that just remembers what a complete angel my child was! (heehee!)

This house deal didn't go through either so we're STILL LOOKING. ugh.

Marci said...

Oh'sh these pictures are to cute. This is my Lily's favorite "pet" as well. We have a cat, but she fascinated by puppy's. Won't go near one, but she has this same puppy and she carries it all over including in the car and feeds it Cherrios as snacks. I should try to get some pics. It's so very cute and I love how you get so much of her personality on film.

liz said...

I canNOT get over her hair. So long and so cute. BTW, Em finally cute Sydney's - thank G-D!