Monday, August 13, 2007

home sweet home???



I think this is the one. We have a contract signed by both parties so even though I'm still jaded about the last two houses that fell through, I think this is pretty much a done deal (I know Brent will cringe when he reads that...I'm BEGGING to be jinxed, right?). We close in less than three weeks so it won't be too long until it really is official. I'M SO EXCITED!

It's a great house on a great street in a great neighborhood just a couple of blocks away from my only friend in Huntsville. The front and backyards are beautifully landscaped and the back even has a fountain/fish pond thingy. There's a workshop around back for Brent, a gourmet kitchen for me (yay granite!) and more than enough room for all of Sarah's, um, treasures. It's the perfect house for us. Oh, and for you photographers out there - there's a HUGE picture window in the family room.

And on top of that, we found our church yesterday. It was our fifth try and we knew immediately that it was right for us. If you know us at all then you know what a big deal finding a church is to us. Life-changing, truly.

Things are looking up around the Cobb house. =)

(I added a link to the sidebar with my email if anyone needs to get in touch, btw!)

13 comments:

starfitch said...

Yay house! Can't wait to see the inside! Great curb appeal.

Janice said...

Congratulations to the new home and new church!!

Megan said...

It looks and sounds like a lovely house. I'm sure you will make it a lovely home. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It will all work out. When we moved, we just did not feel like ourselves until we had both a house and a church, so I know exactly how you feel.

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the house!!! Worth the wait.

Susie PSU said...

Love it, Erin. Especially the integrated sink! :-)

Shelley said...

Happy Days!! I'm sure you'll be so glad to get settled.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I think its a perfect house. Glad things are getting better for the Cobbs:)

J.J. said...

so excited for you! fingers crossed!

Jeanelle said...

Congratulations! (on the house and church!!)

Shana-Lynn said...

Woohoo! Congrats, it looks very nice.

Gina said...

It looks wonderful Erin! Can't wait until it is officially yours and then you can start decorating for that new baby!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! Great things happen to great people - it was just a matter of time!