Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sarah's Sort-Of First Day



I snapped this photo on our way out the door to Sarah's "preschool" orientation. It seems everyone here has their little one in some sort of program starting around two years old. Never one to miss a bandwagon I signed that Pi'bear right up. We don't actually start until next Thursday (and it's only one day a week for four hours - four blissful hours) but today we got to go see her classroom, meet her teachers, and scope out the selection of possible friends - for her AND me.

She did alright walking into her room but once the teacher came over to talk to her she was all tears and squawking. I chalk this up more to the 87,000 nurseries we've dragged her in and out of during our great church hunt over the last two months than to any real fear about her new school. Predictably she was settled in within five minutes and completely won over within 15 when they broke out the rice krispy treats and capri suns. Thirty minutes later when I announced that it was time to go home she was clawing the walls and trying to grab ahold of anything within reach that might keep her bolted to this place screaming, "NO! NO! STAY!"

So I'm fairly certain she'll be fine.

13 comments:

starfitch said...

Seriously...the shoes, the dress AND the hair bow? Love it. How could you not want to be her friend? She's the cutest thing.

J.J. said...

she's too grown in that shot. love it. and you're right, she'll be fine. alla was a big mess when we started last year with the separating for just 30-45 mins. then she did fine with an hour, and i'm sure come january she'll be fine with two and a half! they amaze us:)

Amy said...

I think that is my favorite Pigbear outfit! Starfitch has the right idea. . . and who is this starfitch? Could I be related?!

Can't wait to hear how the first official day goes (do you have a plan for your first 4 hours alone?)

Anonymous said...

Aw, and all decked out in BabyGap, too! Those "four blissful hours" are going to be really nice when her baby brother arrives.

Susie PSU said...

Wow, 4 whole hours. What to do, what to do...the mind boggles!
Panera for a toasted cinnamon crunch with cream cheese, anyone? You could get some of the other moms together to chat over a coffee, perhaps, and you could find a new friend!
(But don't you DARE replace US!)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am soooooo jealous! I'm dying to put Taryn in mother's day out a few days a week but can't stomach the transition before we move. I so wish I had 4 hours....can I live vicariously through you? Pretty please?

Brandy said...

She will have so much fun at preschool. Enjoy those 4 hours!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I wish that outfit came in my size and that I was still young enough to get away with wearing it!
Second, I'm sure Sarah will have a new best friend in no time. But you on the other hand...you THINK you want 4 hours to yourself, but sending your first born baby away to school for the first time WHILE FULL OF PREGNANCY HORMONES? Been there...bring tissues!

~Kim said...

Sarah looks so cute and ready to take on the world! I totally love that outift too.

Speaking of outfit, did you see that Suri Cruise is now the new model for Baby Gap???

Sarah is WAY cuter than Suri!

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Now you know what the rest of us have gone through sending the oldest child off to school where you can no longer protect them from the real world. I still remember shen Sara joined you on her 1st day of kindergarten and I wondered all morning long what she was doing and if she was okay. How quickly did I realize she was in wonderful hands.

Janice said...

What? Suri Cruise is the new model for Baby Gap? She does not even compare to the Pi'bear!

Sarah's dress is gorgeous! I would sooooo wear that if it came in my size!

Have fun with your 4 hours of free time! Lucky girl. :-)

Joyce said...

Sarah IS just a BIG girl now. She will love all the attention, when going to school. And perhaps she will find a best friend, as well as her mom will? I love her Gap outfit. You know she can be a denim girl like her Ms. Joyce.
Love you all...

Dave said...

Sarah is adorable, and I love the pictures of your new home, it’s so cute! I can't hardy contain my self. Looking fwd to the house warming! Dave