Friday, August 24, 2007

neither here nor there

Just some random things on my mind I wanted to pass along:

1. I added some new friend links in the sidebar. All four of them are new bloggers (Mandy, Stefanie, Daphne, and Gina) so go say HI!

2. Only 1,700 visitors left until we hit 100,000! According to my sitemeter that will take about five days. I've decided that the 100,000th visitor will receive a $25.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Who doesn't like Amazon, right? I'll only be able to figure out the city, state, and ip address for the winner so it may be up to you guys to battle it out as to who actually IS the winner. We'll just figure that out when we get there. And if it's some random google guy (like Mr. "itchless rash" from a few days back) we'll just go to the next visitor. Sound good?

3. Our house closes one week from today. Waiting on results from the radon test (have you had one? you should.) and then we'll be good to go. Dad and Sue are headed into town to help us move and we are so excited. Both about moving and seeing Nana and Grandaddy.

4. Tomorrow Sarah and I head to Nashville to visit with Mom, my Grama Dixie, and Aunt Lori. I love, love, love that we finally live within driving distance of all of our parents. Tomorrow's trip is an added bonus since Grama Dixie and Aunt Lori are in town from California. We haven't seen them since March.

5. I've been busy working on my official Erin Cobb Photography website. I CANT WAIT to show it to you guys. I don't plan to actually launch the business until February but I gave myself an August deadline for getting the website in order and it's well on it's way. I love it! If any of you still check my photography blog you've probably realized that it's pretty much on hiatus too. Will probably get that cleaned up and going again once I start booking shoots in the spring.

6. Three weeks until my book club reunion! Five of the nine of us are headed to Panama City Beach for a long weekend together (Jodi's missing from that photo, btw). To say I'm beside myself with anticipation and excitement would probably be the understatement of 2007. Anyone else excited???

7. My hello is no longer working and it makes me so sad. :( Anyone know how to fix it when the screen just stays inactive and won't log you on? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no dice.

I guess that's it. Thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Megan said...

My hello does that all the time. It works itself out but it takes a long time. I decided to switch to google chat. I haven't had any problems with it and have been on it since the beginning of the year. Free as well! Radon testing is good. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

if it's doing what my hello tends to do, you need to clean it up, which requires "Hello Clean-Up". It keeps all of your contacts and whatnot, but dumps all of the chats in the archives. I think it might dump the images, too? Not sure.

Anyway, here are the directions I follow to get it to work:

We have a file that may help you solve the problem. Please download
and
run Hello Cleanup. You can get it here:

http://public.picasa.com/HelloCleanup.exe

You must change the Advanced menu options before running the Cleanup.

1. Open Hello Cleanup
2. Click Advanced
3. Select Remove All Files
4. Click "Clean up Now"

Hello Cleanup will remove most components of your Hello profile. It
will remove your chat history and your profile (the profile can be
easily reconfigured). The cleanup will not affect your Hello Friends
List because that information is stored on the server.

HTH!
*mwah*

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lori told me about Hello and I signed up and we chatted for a day. When I went to log on again the next day it wouldn't let me log back on or do anything. So I gave up. I should probably have been working anyway...

Anonymous said...

Yay for you and the family. Sounds like you have had a pretty spectacular August!

erin said...

Yay Wendy! Thanks girl!

J.J. said...

aw man i hope you get hello cleaned up before we get home so we can chat! so excited for your site!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
You are such a lucky person to have so many friends and family nearby - maybe someday me and the kids will take a road trip and come down for you to photograph my kids

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you are one busy chick! And hey you need to update your blogger profile, it still says "Erin from Monument Co" HAHA!

LindseyJ said...

Hi Erin! This is Lindsey, AK's friend from college. I always enjoy reading your posts about your family and life. You always have such a postive and upbeat outlook. I can't wait for more "preschool" pictures too!

erin said...

You got me Kimberley! I just updated...thanks for the reminder! =)

Stephanie said...

You've been tagged! =)

Joyce said...

I'm so excited for you and the family to have your house in just a short time. Glad to hear you will have some help with the move. Can you imagine if we moved...with all our stuff!!!
Glad too, that you all will be able to see Lori, Grandma Dixie, your mom and Tom. It is nice to be so close to family.
We were so happy to have had the chance to see you all, during our visit, this month.
Love to you all...

Lisa said...

Since I have no clue what the hello is can't help there. But I did want to tell you how exciting about closing on the house!! I'm sure you are ready to get settled!

~amber~ said...

I love reading your blog and just wanted to say that we're right outside Nashville! :) Enjoy your visit! Maybe one day we can have a playdate when you're in town.

Susie PSU said...

Oh, man does that picture make me miss us! I remember you taking it and running to get in before it flashed...
Look how happy we all look.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for the link. Did you make it to the flea market? I did stay the night in Nashville but left early this am. Hope you had fun!
Daphne

liz said...

Make that SIX! Okay, I know you know :) I see you on the message board, too, and I'm over here on PP. I'm always on your photog and I can't WAIT to see your new one. If it's anything like the rough draft, it'll be awesome!

Susie PSU said...

So, who was # 100,000??

Susie PSU said...

Oh, not there yet. Maybe tomorrow!

erin said...

We're at 99,815 right now...I think it's gonna be today!