Thursday, October 05, 2006

playing on MawMaw's quilt

Brent's maternal grandmother passed away well before we started dating. I've always been sad that I never got to meet her - apparently there wasn't anyone that didn't love her.

A few years back Brent's mom let us choose one of MawMaw's quilts to take home with us. I fell in love with a beautiful blue, pink, and (of course!) yellow one and it has brightened up our guest bed for the last 5 years. Today I decided to get it out for Sarah to snuggle with. These days she loves anything that she can curl up in, play peekabo with, or bury her face in. (ignore the ending of that sentence with a preposition). She loved it! Here's what I got...

















Thanks MawMaw for the quilt...your great granddaughter loves it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so precious...

Megan said...

Now that looks like she is back to her normal self. It's so great to have things like that to pass down and remember. The girls have quilts from Jeremiah's grandmother who passed away as well. It's great to share stories about her with them.

Anonymous said...

As a quilter, i totally understand where you are coming from. I love anything old..and Sarah looks like she will have a found respect for her heritage..She looks so cute..and LOVE those gummy smiles..

Anonymous said...

It looks like Sarah had a ball! And what a beautiful, colorful quilt! I'm so glad our whole group could be back together again today! Thanks for hosting.

J.J. said...

last two are my FAVORITES! awesome...

Anna said...

Those are adorable Erin! And how neat to have that quilt!

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog.... and i LOVE it!!!

Dave said...

That is so neat Deed, I think that is pretty much what quilts are all about!

Anonymous said...

The third picture looks like Sarah might be getting an upper tooth in any time now!

I love quilts too - they're so homey!!

Susie said...

Your daughter is so animated :) Love these !

Joyce said...

Oh, those BIG eyes...such a gift the boys will be after! What a CUTIE!!!!
Love You all....

Anonymous said...

You can't beat an old quilt for using during an afternoon nap, spreading on the floor for a play mat, covering chairs to make a fort or a great backdrop for pictures of cute almost year old girls. :))

Love you all!

AW