Friday, October 06, 2006

one year ago today...

...I met Amy on the corner for our morning walking, busting with excitement to tell her that Samantha was in labor. I wish we had counted how many times the words "oh my gosh...I can't believe it..." were whispered in awe. After months of walking, then waddling, one of us was finally having a baby!

That day was most definitely on my mind this morning when I snapped this...



and this...



and finally, this...





Samantha, this memory's for you...(no crying)



Happy One Year, Caroline. It's been a good one! We've loved watching you grow. Now bring on the cake!

10 comments:

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! Enjoy the cake!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! Those are great pictures. Can't wait to see pictures of her eating cake and having a blast at her party.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't help crying. . .Caroline is so lucky to have the Cobbs to love her.

J.J. said...

been thinking of you all day little caroline and mommy sam! happy one!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday to both Caroline and Samantha! It's gone by so fast.
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet, loving tribute--I've got tears in my eyes, so there's no way Samantha could have escaped without some! I can't believe a whole year has passed. . .

Dave said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! I cant believe its been a year either!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! What a beautiful family you have.
Love,
P.& T. Cobb

Anonymous said...

Okay I am in tears, I can't imagine what Samantha must of looked like reading this blog. Can't believe it has been a year! Happy 1st Birthday Caroline and Samantha! Gina

liz said...

Am I allowed to cry? Happy 1st anniversary, Samantha :)