At the urging of Aunt Parmy and some other friends I entered Sarah in the 2007 Baby Gap Casting Call. I got an email today saying that out of 350,000 children, SARAH IS A SEMI-FINALIST! After I take care of some legal mumbo jumbo her photo along with 9 other girls and 10 other boys will be posted on the contest website. The public will be invited to vote for the entire month of December and then the grand prize winner (boy and girl) will be named. Here is the link but, trust me, I'll be posting it many, many more times. In fact, by the end of December you'll be avoiding my blog so you won't have to read "did you vote today?" for the umpteenth time!
Thank you for celebrating with us!
Here are versions of the pics that were entered...
eta: Parmy, you are one amazing mathematician! Thanks for boosting my confidence by computing the odds! Also, I got a call this morning and found out which picture they chose...it's #2 just in case you were wondering. Thanks for being excited everyone!




27 comments:
Erin, saw your post on 2Ps ... congrats! If she doesn't win there's just no justice in the world! She is so stinkin' cute. I promise, I'll vote!
--Marla
soo fun! congrats!!! we'll be voting ALL the time...
Yeah!!! She deserves to be the model...what a cool adventure!
Congratulations!! That's so cool!! I'm glad the world can finally see what a cute kid she is and what a great photographer you are!! I'll send out the link to all my friends!!
Good luck. I can't wait to vote!
Wow! Congratulations! This is so exciting!
Can't wait to vote! I've been spreading the word too =)
Very Excited in PCBeach,
Aunt Parmy
Dude, That's pretty cool :) I'll go vote.
P.S. FYI Sarah, only 0.005714% of the babies were chosen in this contest. Way to be cute!!
And way to take a great photographs Mommy!!! That was 1/3 of the judging!
Well, really ALL the judging, since you brought out Sarah's great personality! Too much talent in the Royal Cobb family =)
I love checking with what the Pigbear is doing. Good luck on the contest, I'll be voting everyday!
Lindsey (Ak's friend from college)
Way to go Sarah and Erin!! She's so use to getting her picture taken WHEN SHE WINS she'll be a natural. I'll for a bunch and send everyone a link. CONGRATS!!
Awesome Erin, I can't wait to start voting! There is no doubt she will be the winner! Great pictures. Looking forward to Nov. 28th when the voting starts. Gina
Yeah for you! I started to type "yeah for US...then I realized, it is you....lol" I'll vote, so put the link on daily. Have no shame, girlfriend! This is too cool.
And yes, I put my quotation marks in the wrong place.
Erin I just found your blog and work from twopeas and wanted to say congrats on the baby gap contest and I just love your work. You have a real talent!
seriously the most exciting news EVER!!!
Oh, that was the photo that I adored too!!! Love photo #2...(very Gappy). The mathematics department can't wait to vote for SARAH!!!
That is amazing! I will vote and have my friends vote as well!! Daphne
Grandaddy and I are getting all our voters lined up. We already have a bunch who voted her "the cutest baby" before there was ever any contest!
I am so proud or you for taking this seriously! You have a gift; yours being the photographer and your ever so beautiful model, Sarah!
As I have said, it is about time others see your talent!!
Love You.....
How cool! I'll vote!
I'm so glad I didn't check your blog yesterday so I could hear the exciting news in person!
Definitely adorable....I think the two of us have the cutest little girls ever! So I will live vicariously through you! : )
You have the power of the peas and lots of others to help Sarah win this contest! I mean she's a natural and you take awesome pictures! I just got my DRebel and am still learning! LOTS TO LEARN!
OK I just noticed all of the photos you entered were COLOR! LOL
B&W or color she is so precious! I will be voting! Congratulations to you and your family!
Terry
I'm ready to vote -- each time you post on 2Peas, your little one's photos are more adorable than the last.
Good luck Princess Pigbear! Can't wait to see you as a GAP baby. :-)
Ciao,
Dee
Post a Comment