Monday, January 28, 2008

this little stinker...



...adds an extraneous "n" to the beginning of "ing" making for fun little ditties like "it's raining it's porning"
...has been potty-training for two weeks now and spends a good hour before falling asleep crawling in and out of her bed alternating between "I gotta go potty!!!" and "yet's go potty yater" in half-second increments
...blessed the food this evening by thanking God for "all the things we need" and then six rounds of thankfulness for the ottoman. I never knew it was such an important piece of furniture to her. Go figure.
...has been waking daddy up every morning with the same request: "cuddle me up"
...when asked by mommy today why this was so, answered with, "because I love him soooo much"
...alternates between testing my patience to the max and making me melt into a heap of gooey love on the floor. Sometimes in half-second increments.

19 comments:

mandy said...

I love those things. That is a great memory blog! (ooh look, I'm the 1st one to comment!)

liz said...

I'm an ooey-gooey mess on the floor for A right now. Her time is coming, though, I'm sure ;)

Mom2Cam...Wife2Ger said...

Okay...Iam a big blog stalker and have a question...I have to know...how on earth do you get your 2 year old to love books so much. My 21 month old laughs in my face if I come near him with one. We have TONS of books, yet non get read. I take him to the book store and let him pick out new books, I try rocking and reading, I've tried them at dinner lol. How do you get that sweet little thing to read like that all the time?!?! The teacher in you must have a solution!

J.J. said...

today was one of those days when i was with you on the last one. i'm literally an ooey gooey mess one second and then the next i'm fuming. she actually tucked her books into her bed today, that's how much she loves them.

Sheena said...

I too want to know how you got her to love books, although my little man is just shy of 3 months, I would like to know what/when/how you got Sarah to love books...AND when did you start to teach her about God/Praying? I have TONS of books for him already and even a few children's bibles but when did she really become interested and understanding of these things? I'm currently in school to become an Elementary Teacher! :)

That Sarah is just sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I laughed so hard when I was reading this that my husband came from the other end of the house to see what in the world was wrong with me. I was doubled over, nearly crying about the extra "n" and that lovely ottoman.

Denise said...

Yeah, when it's really porning outside, you need a rain coat! ;) Isn't this a fun age? Check out my blog today about Jon's strange request. I'll need to do a post like yours where I list all the funny things he is doing.

Tanya said...

I love these posts! My daughter is getting to these points. She is 6 months behind Sarah and I just envision what the fall has in store for us. I am excited for it!

Thank you again for sharing your family with us!

Jeanelle said...

Adorable post - definitely something she'll enjoy reading when she's older.

Samantha said...

That last one is so, so true of 2 year olds!

Mayberry Family said...

I read this last night and seriously laughed out loud at the ottoman love. I even read it to Phillip! We both thought it was cute and look forward to having a 2 year old!

Amy said...

I miss that little stinker so much!

angela | the painted house said...

You have inspired me to finally start my blurb blog book...just wish my photos inside would be as fabulous as yours! But, man, is it tedious. I'm impressed that you did it in three days!

"Cuddle me up" is the cutest.

The Sarah Bear said...

I love your realness - as always! I love to check on you and your Sarah to see if you have the same trials and tribulations as me and my Sarah. Then I read this... and I know. I am not alone.

sherri said...

Omgoodness. You had me at "yet's go potty yater" I have a yittle one like that. ;)

Jodie said...

How darling is she!! Thanks for the blurb info. Love the decorating, you are so talented. Good luck with your business, I know it will be great.

kwpershey said...

It still hurts to laugh, so I had to lamaze-breathe my way through my giggles at the extra "n". tee hee/ hee hee whoooo.

Gina said...

Sounds like your little baby girl has grown up into a perfect lovable toddler! That picture is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. Even the "snapshots" are professional. I hope you consider another Q&A session soon, I have lots of Q's for you! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle