Thursday, January 03, 2008

take two.

For me, the whole photo-a day-thing is like exercise. When I do it, I really, really love it. But when I neglect it it just taunts me and I can come up with a zillion excuses not to get back into it again. Hence the lacks of posts in 2007 since, oh, October (!!).

But I'm getting back on the wagon. I swear. I'll be better this time. I won't get pregnant (let's hope) and have to go through that whole stinky first trimester thing again which was the beginning of the end. PLUS I have a whole new subject to capture everyday. And when I flip back through the photos I did manage to document it just makes me feel all gushy inside as I remember the day to day stuff. The things that seemed so mundane in the moment (snacktime, playdough, swinging) but are so heavy with meaning upon reflection. I love that.

So, here you go. The grand unveiling of Photo-A-Day, 2008. I'm calling it Take Two, both because I'm trying my hand at it again and because now I have TWO kiddos to TAKE photos of. (sitting here smugly thinking I'm all clever and stuff). And I took the liberty of changing the 2007 link so it takes you straight to the archives, beginning with January. Just in case you want to peruse the old stuff.

Oh, and will you forgive me for already missing a day??? January 2nd was just so, so busy... :)

12 comments:

J.J. said...

you're forgiven! see why i can't committ to a whole year! i'm impressed that you got to october girl!

Megan said...

Good for you for trying it again. You have a lot to photograph!

Jennie said...

just remember - you only have to TAKE the photo each day, which you probably already do. you can always play catch-up on the actual posting of them. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

I'm not really admitting this publicly yet—but I'm doing the 365 Project in 2008. Cross fingers. ; )

Debbie said...

Yeaaaaa! I can't wait!

So one of my own resolutions for the new year was to start (and actually keep up) a photo of the day blog, beginning Jan. 1st. Have I even started! Nope! But I have the pics so I think I will that going right now...

Sheena said...

I LOVE it!!! Sooo cute!!! Keep it up we love seeing pictures of the kiddos!!! :)

Anna said...

i LOVE it! it's gorgeous - love the layout, the header, and of course the adorable pics of that beautiful baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of the day (and banner)! So glad Sarah is enjoying being a big sister. Wish I could hold that sweet little boy in person!
Colleen W.

Anonymous said...

I've been missing A Photo A Day! Glad it's back! Love the picture of baby E!

Stacy said...

You totally amaze me! You have so many things to juggle, yet you still keep on going. Weren't you saying something similar to me in CO a couple of years ago? Don't beat yourself up so much about the little things, everyone is already awed and inspired by what you already do!

Nikki said...

Hey, where's the Jan 5 photo? ;)

Gina said...

Looks great Erin and Ephraim is so big already! Sarah is as cute as ever too!