Tuesday, January 01, 2008

hey look! it's after 7 and I'm awake!

Awwwww yeeeeah...I'm blogging after seven o'clock. Can you even believe it? Last week at this time I was sitting on the couch telling a friend that I was seriously concerned that Ephraim wasn't going to progress in the sleep department any time soon and that I was destined to be getting up every three hours for the next several months. What a difference a week makes! He had a few nights of 4 hour stretches and then a few five hour stretches and then last night he slept for 6 1/2 hours straight before waking up to eat at 1:30. What a way to ring in the new year! So now I'm getting all cocky and staying up until 9. Party!

I spent a lot of time today weeding through Christmas photos and proofing some of my favorites. There are still more to come but late this afternoon a very, very cool thing dawned on me - we have seen every one of Sarah and Ephraim's grandparents over the holiday. After six years of living out of state this is the first year that we've been able to celebrate with everyone and we loved every minute of it. Our kiddos are lucky to have three sets of grandparents that adore them - and Brent and I are lucky to have three sets of weekend sitters always on stand-by!
We kicked off our Christmas with JoJo and Papa. Sarah loves spending time at their riverhouse...
Then we headed home on Christmas Eve and Mom (Grama) and Tom (Grandad) spent the night with us and were there for present-opening on Christmas morning...
After a few days at home we loaded up and headed to South Carolina to spend a few days with Dad (Grandaddy) and Sue (Nana). Check out Grandaddy's new hot rod...

I didn't get a great shot of Nana but lucky for us a photographer for their local paper DID! What a surprise it was to see this in the paper on Sunday morning!

Nana had taken Sarah to the park while Brent and I were on an anniversary date. A local photographer happened to be driving by and snapped this photo. How cool is that?!

Happy 2008 everyone!

15 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

I love how happy Sarah looks in the hot rod. Very lucky for you to have so many wonderful people to share the holidays with.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a post and great pictures to boot! Glad Christmas was fun though busy. Happy 2008!

Megan said...

Sarah is just so famous! Love those pictures. Glad you are getting some sleep.

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy New Year to the Cobb family!!

Mayberry Family said...

yay for sleep! glad you had a good holiday season!

Mayberry Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayberry Family said...

yay for sleep! glad you had a good holiday season!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

What a fun surprise to see that photo in the newspaper!

And what a blessing to have all of your family close by. I'm just a little envious of that since we live over 1000 miles away from all of our babysitters, er, I mean relatives!

Happy New Year!

Amy said...

That newspaper shot is great! What a cool surprise. And although we couldn't see you for Christmas, it is nice that you saw all of your family. I'll give you a call today. . . I think that nasty little bug is on it's way out of our household (I hope!).

Jodi said...

I love that the paparazzi found Sarah on vacation. We told you that it was going to be tough being a celebrity, Pigbear!

Anonymous said...

Awww how cool to have that news paper to document Sarah's happy Christmas! Wonderful! Lucky you!

J.J. said...

that's so cool! and yay for getting some sleep - that's inspiration for the rest of us, especially those with one on the way after a couple years of GREAT nighttime sleep:)

Heather said...

Happy New Year! I remember the days of being up every 3 hrs. Jackson has been sleeping through the next for several weeks now and it's so great, but I thought the day would never get here, lol. Love the pictures of your little ones :-)

Anonymous said...

Erin, how blessed you are to have such a wonderful family that you LOVE to spend time with. Sarah just seems to capture everyone into taking her picture. Future model???

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a very blessed holiday!