Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm it?

I've been double-tagged by Anna and Lindsay to tell 6 weird things about myself and 6 things that make me happy. So here it goes...

My Weirdness:

1. I still sleep with my baby blankie. Every night. And I'm not embarassed about it either.

2. My pinkie toe always has to be snuggly on top of my next-to-the-pinkie-toe. My mom has the same issue.

3. I can pop my right hip out of joint. It's a superb party trick.

4. My grandfather passed a family secret down to me earning me the family title "the chosen one". He's a wart conjurer. I guess in theory I am too (although I've never done it!) He also knows how to witch for water but I fail miserably in that department.

5. I was a sportswriter for our hometown newspaper back in high school. It's a pretty large paper too!

6. I skipped kindergarten and graduated high school 10 days after turning 17. Then when I was 21 I started teaching kindergarten!

My Happiness:

1. Dinner with my family at the table. Every night.

2. Taking photographs for other people. I love it. So if anyone needs a session, get in touch!

3. Sugar. Sad but true.

4. New friends and old friends. Internet friends and real life friends. Young friends and elderly friends.

5. Being a Stephen Minister. I have no doubt it's one of the ways God has called me in this life.

6. When famous scrapbookers scrap with my photos!!! This is a biggie today. Amy Howe just did a page with some of Sarah's photos that you can see here. And Jennifer Ditz-McGuire is using some of my photos in an upcoming Creating Keepsakes publication and she just send me a HUGE box of scrapbooking goodies. It took me about 10 minutes to go through this bad boy. I'm SO excited to play with all of this stuff!






Okay, I'm tagging J.J., Denise, Susie, A.K., and Meghan, and anyone else that wants to participate!

12 comments:

the larsons said...

Erin, I am TOTALLY not into scrapbooking (love looking at them, way too uncrafty to do them) and that one of Sarah was one of the most beautiful pages I've seen. That girl is great!

I think I may steal your blog post idea and pretend like I got tagged too!

erin said...

Revised: Marian, you've been tagged!

Denise said...

OH - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of your scrapbook box! :) Where can I see the page they made using Sarah?

Shelley said...

That scrapbook box looks like too much fun! Lucky duck!

Megan said...

Looks like you got lots of good things in that box. You should be able to do lots with all that.

A.K. said...

thanks for the tag! I promise i'll do it sometime this weekend after this crazy week of teaching! But i don't understand the one about a wart conjurer... please explain more on that one!

Dhana Lauren said...

That was fun to read. I really like your side bars with all the interesting topics....books, etc. Wow...I didn't know you could get all that info from your site meter. How cool...I'll have to investigate mine. Not that I get a huge number of visitors...my blog is sooo boring...I need to learn how to make it more creative. LIfe is just so busy with 3 boys and a dog. Anyway, just wanted to leave a note sos ya don't think...who is that crazy lady that keeps coming to my blog...lol. Annnnd.....How fun is that to get a box full of scrapbooking goodies!!! Have fun!

J.J. said...

oooh so jealous of all the goodies! that looks like hours and hours of fun!

Lori Grimes said...

Like I've always said you're good at everything....even being weird!

Jennifer McGuire said...

enjoy the goodies. and thank YOU!

Susie PSU said...

I've been tagged. Hooray!! It may have to wait about 36 hours until we have a snow day! At least I am hoping we do...
Love you, girl.

Anonymous said...

Erin, My kids would love for you to take their pictures. Coming to Ohio soon???
Carol