Friday, December 08, 2006

playgroup under siege

Why is it that the only things toddlers know how to share are germs? Maybe because the mommies refuse to listen when the playgroup hostess politely advises everyone that a slight stomach bug hit their house earlier in the week. All I heard was "pumpkin soup will be served" and made the decision that we would definitely be there. Poor Sarah is paying the price for my love of Wednesday playgroup lunches.

Consequently, here's how we spent our day today...

Munching on crackers to try and hold off the vomiting, cuddling on the mommy/daddy bed, and trying fruitlessly to convince Sarah to watch a baby video for more than 2 minutes at a time. That's what I get for never having let the child watch television ever before in her life.
I hear the other playgroup families aren't fairing much better. But you know, jammie days are good every now and again, aren't they?

12 comments:

Megan said...

Get well soon, Sarah. PJ days are good even if you aren't sick!

Dave said...

Poor Pigbear! Hope you feel better soon....is that a thumbsuckin' blister on her hand?

erin said...

Nope, no blister...leftovers from our romp with the markers on the kitchen floor!

A.K. said...

how can she still look so cute even when she's sick?! feel better pigbear!

Anonymous said...

Aw, get to feeling better soon, Sarah!

Lori Grimes said...

Get well soon little Pigbear. I can't believe your mom let you watch TV you must have been really, really sick.

Anonymous said...

Stomach bugs are no fun....but jammie days are. Hope you're better soon pigbear.

Anonymous said...

Um, no, pajama days are NOT fun when you are throwing up and doing other umentionable disgusting activities. Tell Sarah I feel her pain.
-Love, another stricken playgrouper

Joyce said...

Not fun to be ill...but being in a "Big Bed", can be. Hope you get better, soon, Sarah.
Love You....

Anonymous said...

You remind me of that old song, You can eat crackers in my bed anytime. Get well soon, Love, Mamajo

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nana; she says Sarah looks like your Granny sprawled out on her bed....

Julie C Butler said...

OMG! I so know what you mean... My DS had the stomach flu a few weeks ago! How sad it is to see your little baby sick - and there is nothing you can do about it!! Except for be by their side the whole time. Then of course Mommy gets sick too!!LOL!!
These pictures of her are proceless! I just love the color.. and her pj's are awsome .. love the cracker photo. I just wanted to say - you truely are an inspiration to me .. I just love seing your photos!!
Thanks for sharing.
Talk to you soon...