Monday, July 23, 2007

same baby, different summer

Sarah and I spent this past weekend at my dad's house in South Carolina along with my stepmom, my sister, and baby Charlotte. I have tons and tons of fun photos that I'll share soon (maybe even later today) but for now I just wanted to share a year to year comparison that struck me when I was photographing Sarah in dad's beautiful backyard.

Early last June we took Sarah to SC for the first time. She was sitting up but not quite crawling and was really beginning to become an expressive little creature. I couldn't help noticing the similarities between then and now.

Check her out here...and compare it to last summer.



and this...compared to this.



I guess some things really don't change!

Here are a couple more that I'm particularly fond of. And, like I said, more to come later.





42 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The expression in her eyes in the first picture remind me of a little girl I use to know 20-somthing years ago!! I'd really love to see a comparison of pics of you and Sarah around the same age... Love the scrunchy faces both old and new!!!

Megan said...

It's her eyes. They have the same expression from a year ago to now. She is just so precious. I am sorry that we missed meeting her. Maybe someday soon we can get together! The girls would eat her up just like they did with Caroline.

Anonymous said...

Wow. She is beautiful, then and now. I'm a regular blog stalker, and after not seeing much of Sarah in the last couple of months, she has really seemed to change!

J.J. said...

you just can't go wrong with a baby and a hammock!

Tanya said...

She is beautiful! I love seeing your pics of her. She gets prettier in every post.

Shelley said...

Stunning! Absolutely Stunning! I always learn from your work!

I teach . . . said...

Okay, how do you choose which ones to print? I would have my walls papered with those shots! Gorgeous.

erin said...

You guys are SO nice. I'm actually really horrible about having things printed. I get a rush showing them to you guys and then I'm over it. It's so bad! I do have some large prints and a couple of canvases up in our home but when we move I plan to do some planned-out photo walls. I'll be sure to post when I do! If anyone has examples to show let's see 'em!
And as long as I'm asking for ideas...does anyone have a link for a cute play kitchen, doll house, or funky big girl bedding? I'm starting to look for things for Sarah's big girl room in our new house. Thanks!

Mom2Drew said...

She looks so similar! Wow...amazing!

Shana-Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shana-Lynn said...

Erin, these are such great comparisons! She is so darn cute then and now. I love her little wrinkled nose...

Here is a link to a really cute kitchen set at Pottery Barn Kids, you can get whatever piece you want or the whole set.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/
products/j1175/index.cfm?pkey=cplafrn%7Ck

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful...I love them!

~Kim said...

Oh that is too funny Erin! I think that might just be a yearly tradition to take her picture in that hammock (?) and see how she changes each year.

She is absolutely adorable!

~Kim

The Runyans said...

erin.

she just hets prettier every time you post.

Marci said...

Love the scrunchy face. What a beautiful big girl she is turning into.

erin said...

Shana-lynn, I totally love that set. It's just so pricey! Ugh. I need the laminate counter version. Ha! :-)

Anonymous said...

Erin ~ They actually have an adorable kitchen set at Target. You'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

WOW Deed, you out did yourself once again. Not only can you take a great picture but you sure do make beautiful babies (with a little help from the "Rocket Man")
Can't wait to see what the little "Rocket Boy" looks like.

Stephanie said...

She is just SO adorable!!! I think these are the best pics yet!! :)

Amy said...

Love the comparison. . . so cool to see how much changes, but how much stays the same, over the course of a year!

I'm glad we got to see Charlotte (and Meghan, too) yesterday! Can't wait to see the rest of your pics from the weekend!

Amy said...

And I LOVE how long and wavy her hair is getting!

(and pretty amazing how dark it was last year!)

Shana-Lynn said...

Erin- I know they are super expensive but so cute. I just sent you an email to another site that has cheaper stuff.:)

Anonymous said...

My daughter has this kitchen...
http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=731

...and loves it!

I really enjoy your blog and seeing your work!

Stephanie said...

She is soooo stinkin cute! And your color rocks here!

Congrats on the boy :)

erin said...

Thanks Stacy and Shana...I feel like I have options now! My Aunt Lori also says there's a cute one at Costco every year around Christmas so we may end up waiting and get her a dollhouse for her birthday and then a kitchen for Christmas. We'll see! Has anyone ever seen this photo on Lyndsay's blog?

http://gigglesngrinsphoto.typepad.com/giggles_n_grins_photograp/2007/02/my_naked_chef.html

That's pretty much exactly the look I want...I just need to find it!

erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin said...

Okay, that link didn't work. If you want to see it though, go to gigglesngrinsphoto.typepad.com and check out the February archives. And then wish Taryn a happy birthday. I think it's today!

Jennie said...

Too bad you aren't in NH, or you could get this great deal! http://nh.craigslist.org/bab/374690069.html But it looks like the kitchen you want is from Linens N Things. :-)

erin said...

YES! That's EXACTLY what I want...and that price...oh MY GOSH! I'm gonna email her anyway and see if she'd ship it. Thanks so much Jennie!

Joyce said...

I do hope that Sarah does not lose those chubby cheeks. A trade mark in my eyes...she is just a real cutie!!!
Love you all...

Anonymous said...

Gosh she's getting cuter and cuter every season.

Maria said...

Erin, I've been stalking your blog but never posted a comment. Shana-Lynn is my SIL. Anyway, they have the most adorable bedding at www.dimplesanddandelions.com I have a link posted on my blog. But it is pricey!

Your Sarah is just so beautiful! I can see why Baby Gap picked her over thousands of other babies. She is just gorgeous!

Janice said...

Hi, Erin, did you check out Target's kitchen set? It's kind of retro and cool but I don't know if this is the style you want. :)

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1185297492/ref=sr_1_1/601-0862412-7821716?ie=UTF8&asin=B000CCXF7G

erin said...

Okay, you guys have such awesome ideas, I think I'm going to have to start a new post just about decorating and toys. Then I'll know where to find it when I need it! Maybe in the next post.

Maria, I'm in love with that company's stuff! I think I have something in mind for bedding now (I fell asleep thinking about it last night) but I bookmarked that site for their wall art and letters. WOW! Thank you!

Janice, I check out that Target set everytime I set foot in the store - I love it! The food and everything is so darling. I've recently come to the realization though that Sarah is a girly-girl through and through (didn't get that from her mama) and I'm fairly certain her room needs to be girly (sigh). I guess we're headed for the pink...

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Seems like just a blink or two ago that Sarah was that little baby last summer! Don't know about play kitchens or cute bedding...but here is a link to a definate must for an accessory for Sarah's kitchen (considering her in-utero nickname). :)
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?pmid=23127&dept=37&sc=140
Have a great week!
Colleen W.

erin said...

YES COLLEEN! I have to have that! My sweet little Mobo...

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Has she grown that much since you left CO. She is beautiful! Gina

Anonymous said...

Sarah against that green hammock = LOVE IT!

Your color here is so rich & beautiful.

It's so fun to see how much Sarah has changed in only a year. :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys. Last weekend was just such a tease. It was way too short and went by way too swiftly. Very glad everyone FINALLY made it home safely though.
I've been sharing your photos with everyone.

Nikki said...

She is SUCH a beautiful little girl. Like many others, I am a regular blog stalker of yours. Keep the photos coming! ;)

Susie PSU said...

I love the scrunched up face, the same a year later!!