This morning I pulled out the old teaset Meghan and I used to play with. It's a bit grungier than I remember but after a good soak in the sink it was ready to go. Watching Sarah play with it brought back a rush of memories of playing with my sister. I hope Sarah will know that same joy one day.
It's weird to see her playing with my old toys. Those are the moments when I look at her and think to myself, "I have a
daughter?". Sometimes it's just too weird. Where does the time go?


20 comments:
oh my gosh, these pics are so precious! if you're ever in indiana, please let me know! i'd love to you take pics of my ryan!
I can't wait to play tea party with her.
Sounds like someone needs to get busy if Sarah is going to have a little sister to play with!
Ahh, I had that same tea set when I was little!
Super sweet photos, Erin! ;) Hope you all are doing well!
Great pictures! I would love to see them in colour. I also had the same tea set when I was little.
love the teaset pics! so- sounds like maybe another sweet one might be in the near future? how can you come up with a name to rival pigbear?!
Oh Erin, how cute! Looks like she knew exactly what to do with the teaset.
I am loving your POTD...thank you so much for sharing Pigbear with all of us! She is absolutely adorable!!
~Kim
!
Uncle T
I feel the same when the girls play with things I had when I was little. Sarah will be a great big sister.
You think it is weird for you to see Sarah playing with your toys...try being me and seeing my granddaughter playing with MY children's toys. I remember buying that teaset...(I mean I remember the Christmas Santa brought it...) Such sweet pics! I love you! Mom
Looks like Dolly was enjoying the tea just as much as Sarah :-)
Oh, I totally relate to that feeling of WHERE did the time go?? I am a new mom (7 weeks) and I'm still adjusting to this new role..sometimes it hits me ..I AM a MOM???? so wild!
Great pics!!
Jen
Hi :)
I post a message here, cause I cannot do it everywhere...
I think you have a beautiful little girl, really really cute...
And you have so much talent. The first time I saw your pictures, my first feeling was to stop to take pictures!!! Cause I thought that I'm really NUL, in compare of you!!!
Your blog is really amazing, and thanks, cause I always spend good time...
Hope you understand me ;)
I have a question for my blog, how did you do for convert your picture in little size with the same quality? Cause when I try, mine became badder...
Take care of you and your little princess!
A French mom ! (from 2peas...)
Ah, a tea party...with a dolly...that's what being a little girl is about! So glad that the tea set is in the family.
Love You all.....
this is so cute! i so wish we had kept some of my favorite toys from childhood.... i wonder what ever happened to all of it?
such wonderful memories you are creating.... all over again!
I love your blog and your photography! I am getting the Nikon D80 in a few weeks and so I've been loving admiring your photos. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom that is creating such beautiful art, documenting her childhood!
So my question-- do you use a filter a lot? Your pics have such great coloring-- how do you achieve that?
where are you? it's been almost a week since an update of the pigbear! hah! just giving ya a hard time!- hope everyhting is ok- wanna hear more about this GAP photoshoot- when is it?!! i know it's coming up and ya'lll must be getting so excited!!!
Hey, Erin - just in case you have had a MILLION hits this week - it's us. In addition to spending countless hours explaining "you'll see Sarah Sunday," we CONSTANTLY have to come look at Sarah on the computer. You should see our monitor - it is COVERED in fingerprints and kiss marks. She is well missed!
These are gorgeous .. I just love the way you capture her playing - she will be so happy when she is older .. that you captured her in such good photos!!
Take care, Julie
Post a Comment