Thursday, December 06, 2007

come on...elf-rybody's doin' it!

Okay, I realize that probably the only person who got a giggle out of my little title is my mother-in-law who loves punny jokes just as much as I do. Still, you have to admit, it was pretty cute.

Check out our wee little elf family...

And just because I'm in the holiday spirit I thought I'd share what I'm doing for Christmas packages this year. In the middle of the night the other night I decided I wanted to wrap all of our Christmas presents in newspaper. Not sure why but I did! So I set out on a three-store search for the perfect ribbon and then went to town. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out...and I didn't have to pay a dime for wrapping paper. (Just don't ask Brent what I spent on the ribbon!) I claim I'm "going green" but really I just liked the challenge of turning newspaper pretty!



I'll be posting again in a day or two complete with pictures of the Shertzers who are headed here for a visit. YAHOO!

27 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm embarassed to be your friend.

Terry said...

you're crazy! And what a dancer! I'm amazed at how quickly Ephraim has learned to move since I was there four hours ago!

J.J. said...

you are crazy girl. what happens to us mamas in the middle of the night!????

Gina said...

I am assuming you did all your shopping before the baby, please tell me you did. And how do you have the time to do all that work, I have two presents under the tree and a ton to wrap. But they do look beautiful and the dancing was great :)

QDB said...

I love the elfs - I just couldn't resist, so you'll have to check out our family as well :) You continue to be a great source of interesting stuff, girl!! Where are you finding the time?

Debbie said...

That cracked me up! Oh my gosh, too funny! I think I'm going to try it for myself. Love your gift wrapping!

~Kim said...

Are those photo tags with you guys on them? I did that last year and EVERYONE loved it. It gave everyone a wallet of Kensington and all was well!

Off to see these dancing elves these people speak of!

~Kim

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....that looks like a family photo on the tag! You've been holding out on us! LOL! Very cute wrap job (and dancing!)

Sheena said...

I too am interested in the tags...please tell us more!!!! I confess I too with a 1 month old have elfed myself and our family...it's too funny not too!!!! LOL

Sheena said...

I too am interested in the tags...please tell us more!!!! I confess I too with a 1 month old have elfed myself and our family...it's too funny not too!!!! LOL

Shana-Lynn said...

Dang girl, you even make newspaper pretty. I give up!!!

Can you show us a closer up of the tags with your photo on it? Looks cute.

Joyce said...

Love the dancing elfs....what a great idea for the gift wrapping. I have done that in the past, when I did not have the wrapping paper. The ribbon really makes them "POP."
Love you all...

Erin H. said...

those elves were hilarious, erin.

Anonymous said...

I love your presents!!!especially your ribbon and gift tags. Last year I put pictures of the 'receiver' on them, my girls and I had so much fun picking out the pictures. You are amazing to get all this done with a toddler and newborn...great for you!!! Amy T.

Anonymous said...

Great gifts! I LOVE your idea! I may have to try that next year!

Amy C.

erin said...

Hey guys. Yep, the gift tag is just a photo of us printed on white cardstock and then mounted on colored cardstock. I wrote the name of the person receiving the gift around the photo. I would show it to you up close but it's our Christmas card photo and I don't want to spoil the surprise for those of you on the list. After I send out the cards I'll post it! Thanks for all the kind encouragement, as always!

Anonymous said...

I did have a lot of fun with you elf family!!!!! Really FUNNY!!!

Love your gifts look!

Have a great holiday season!

French mom

Anonymous said...

Very cool wrapping paper! Your ideas never fail to astound me!

Brandy said...

OK, that was hilarious! I'll have to play it for Delaney when she wakes up.

Jen E. said...

love the dancing..hehe..

ok, so I love the going green idea..and the wrapping looks beautiful..what sort of photo is on the wrapping ? neat idea! And, love your tree skirt..is it homemade ? We have a quilter in the family and she has told us she will make us one, love the colors on yours!

Dana said...

This is fantastic, Erin! I might have to borrow this idea next year! (I already bought the paper for this year.) I wouldlove to see a closeup of your tags, are they pictures of the person gettin the gift?

Glad to year that you are loving being a mom of 2, I knew you woud be a naytural. What a blessed and beautiful family you have. Great new images too! (sorry for the long post - just catching up today after a couple of weeks away!)

Dana said...

whoops - guess I should read the other comments before I make mine and ask something already asked!

Anonymous said...

Erin,

I have lost your address. Could you please email it to me.
moyer0906@cs.com

Thanks

Amy in GA said...

Ok - that elf thing is the funniest ever!! I immediately made one of our family of four. Hilarious! And the gift wrapping - beautiful!! Very impressed, as usual.

Jaime said...

Just love the fact you went green with the wrapping. You made it look fabulous. Would love to see up close when you can.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you have all of those presents under your tree. I only have one child and I don't have the first present wrapped. The newspaper wrapping looks great!

Audrey said...

What a totally CUTE idea to use newspaper. It looks so decorative!!! I already have 90% of my presents wrapped but I'll have to remember this for next year :)