Our girl is home and I could not be more thrilled. I swear, waiting for the car to pull in the driveway last night was worse than waiting for Christmas! My in-laws were so wonderful to take Sarah down to the beach with them for Lily's birthday but I think we all overestimated Sarah's (and my!) staying power. They ended up coming back a day early and I was seriously thrilled. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face last night as I watched her play and then again this morning listening to her try out all her new words and phrases. She changed so much in those four days away! Maybe it's just my mommy imagination but her face is fuller, she's taller, and she's now putting together quirkly little sentences like this gem this morning: "Oh! Somebody had a toot! It's SARAH!"
Somebody? When did she learn to say "somebody"? So here she is, Princess Pigbear herself, back at the table playing colors. All is right with the world...




Baby Ephraim was glad to have her back too...there was no one to pile legos and letters and books on top of him while she was gone.

(awesome door hanger courtesy of
Mandy)
17 comments:
Girl, I think you're right...she does look older!
You must be feeling great. You're photos are a beautiful as ever. I love that you did a whole segment of just Sarah!
glad to see the house won't be as quiet anymore- welcome back- we even missed seeing her on the blogs those short few days!
i love the door hanger! and even tho i've NEVER left alla i know exactly how that would feel...glad you got your girl back and all is right with the world:)
I love the door hanger! Did she make it or do you know where she got it? YOu have some great creative friends!
Yep, Mandy made the door hanger...isn't it gorgeous!?
Aw--she's such a sweetheart. I can't imagine having my kiddo gone for 4 whole days!
Not sure if you'll see this, but a friend of mine just had her second baby and I want to send a little care package (with things that her 2-year-old will love too). If you have time, would you mind posting a few of the "GREAT" items you received that you thought were super helpful/nice to have? Thanks!
She really does look older! The door hanger is beautiful. . . what a nice touch for the whole room! I'm counting down the hours til I see it in person. . . 51 1/2!!
I was the same way when Tyler went to his dad's for the summer when they first moved away - and he was 16!! You'd think I'd be glad to get rid of him but instead I made a fool of myself in the San Jose airport when I picked him up.
When they're as little as Sarah, it seems like 1 day = 1 week. Glad she's home safe and sound!!
she does seem bigger - did "somebody" have help coloring or is she a budding realist?
she does seem bigger - did "somebody" have help coloring or is she a budding realist?
Tell me she did NOT draw that truck/car by herself? Wow!!
Anyway...those pics are terrific, love all the different angles and perspectives.
Isn't life with 2 crazy but so fun? I can't believe my little Nate is 1 month old already and my Andrew, 19-YIKES where does time go?
HA! No, Sarah definitely did not draw those things! She's a big fan of telling Brent and me what to draw and dictating the color choices too.
Sarah, how nice of you to put together a care package for your friend. It's been really nice to get some personalized things for baby E. It's also nice when people send along a little something for Sarah...especially things she can play with/do while I'm nursing. Books would be great or coloring pads, etc. And I LOVED when my friend Christi brought emergency food for Sarah. She brought individual packets of mac n' cheese, applesauce, and a frozen meal. I've already dipped into the stash in a pinch!
Hope that helps!
love the door hanger!!!! You really have nice friends!!!
Your princess is still the same: BEAUTIFUL, like your pictures!!!
French mom
So glad to have Sarah back too, we missed her as well!
welcome home, Sarah! Girl, I don't see how you made it that long!! I still don't think I can let Hannah stay overnight somewhere without me. :)
I think Sarah gets cuter by the day. Coloring is one of Hannah's favorite things to do right now, too!
I swear, each time I come to your blog and read your posts I think you are quite possibly the most amazing mommy ever. You do it all and you do it all SO well and you have the perfect household, with the cutest kids, and the cutest furniture/decorations, and you even manage to take amazing photos of it all and get them up on a blog!! You amaze me!
:)
jen
Oh my gosh... I couldn't imagine that time away from Sarah!! I bet you did miss her bunches, even though you had your precious Ephriam to keep you busy. I'm so glad things are back to normal for you! :)
Post a Comment