Monday, October 08, 2007

my excuse: pregnancy

One of the only redeeming things about growing a 9 pound child in your abdomen (the doc's estimate, not mine) is that you can use it as an excuse for everything for 40 weeks. Or 42 in my case with Sarah. Well, there is that thing about having a sweet, innocent, cuddly babe to love on once the whole ordeal is over but it's easy to lose site of that around week 33. Meaning, now. So I'm using my trump card and saying to the blogosphere "sorry for my absence - I'm pregnant."
So there. I plan to use it for umpteen things tomorrow too.

I have a few photos to share from our long weekend together. Brent had today off for Columbus Day and we celebrated with a trip to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens. Oh my, was it lovely. I could have done without the 85+ degree temps but the place was amazing. And the grilled veggie panini I had for lunch was even better. We've been hearing about the Scarecrow Trail at the gardens and figured we'd check it out. They had tons of scarecrows scattered about and they were SO COOL. Different organizations around the city put them together and each scarecrow has a theme. Here I am with my favorite scarecrow, sponsored by a local hospital's maternity ward (a picture of me, I know! Consider this just for you, Marian)


The coolest part of the garden was the children's garden. I can't wait to go back and explore with Sarah on a day that's a bit cooler. She was particularly enthralled with the storybook garden that had a little gate and lock. Anything with a key is bliss to her so we spent lots of time there...
And then a few random, fun shots from the rest of the weekend. We (meaning, Brent) worked out in the yard quite a bit putting together plans for turning our fish pond into a water feature/pebble garden for our little ones to splash in. Check out this bamboo root he dug up!
And then Sarah being her usual, weird, two-inch-stickers-on-my-forehead-are-completely-normal, toddler self...

Okay, enough for now. This post has left me exhausted. I'm pregnant.

19 comments:

Megan said...

You look fabulous. What a cool idea for scarecrows too. You use that excuse as much as you want to. You are the one carrying the baby, right?

mandy said...

I must get to that botanical garden this week! Looks like fun...can't wait to check out your new & improved water garden!

Amy said...

Thanks for expending the effort to blog--I was missing you! You look fabulous, by the way. . . your hair is very cute!

Mom2Drew said...

Hilarious...I'm on week 38 and KNOW how you feel!!!

Susie PSU said...

I think your hair is growing our nicely, too! What DID that cutie-patootie sit in?? I've never seen a sweeter wet bum!

Tasha said...

Man, I didn't realize how far along you were. You're doing great... and, I thought you were SUPPOSED to use pregnancy as an excuse...

Susie said...

Yay! There's the belly :)

Chris said...

You look great, despite how you're feeling.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

The sticker on the forehead... that is so like my girls!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Erin, you look great and looks like you all have a wonderful weekend. You always capture such great moments. I love the one of Sarah trying to unlock the gate. That is so my daughter too.

the larsons said...

I feel so honored to get a shout out in your blog. And it's true, you look beautiful.

Can't WAIT to see you guys next week. I'm on a mission for cute clothes for these little girls for our photo shoot!

Mayberry Family said...

I love it. I haven't used it as a trump card as much as I should have and now i'm almost done. Shame on me! Hopefully he won't be a 9 pound babe, you're pretty small. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you as you grow (and hopefully not miserably).

Anonymous said...

you are so funny ;)

J.J. said...

you look GREAT! thanks for posting a picture of YOU:)

Anonymous said...

Erin,
You look awesome! Love your hair too. Looks like you all had a great weekend! Can't wait to see photos of the pond turned fun kids play area! Now that is a great water feature for a backyard!
Colleen W.

RevHRod said...

The sticker hairdo is priceless.

liz said...

'reminds me of when Caroline had Shertzer address labels all over her arms and legs -- TOTALLY normal!

Denise said...

Aren't you pretty preggars! I love seeing you and your "bump." You got it, Girl - you have the best excuse ever not to post. I feel your pain, Sista!! Hang in there! Your baby boy is so precious and he will be here soon!

Side question - what is that blue thing Sarah is playing with in the picture? I need a good outside toy for Jon David. BTW - bummer about Rachael Ray. How could she NOT show our kiddos? wHAtEVer. ;)

erin said...

Hey Denise...it's an awesome water table we got from Target on clearance back in early August. It was 20.00!!! Check it out in this post...

http://photographybyerin.typepad.com/oneframeaday/2007/08/aug3.html