Thursday, May 03, 2007

ALERT THE MEDIA!

Yep, I'm blogging. And I actually took photos. It's a tad refreshing.

I've been watching Amy's little guy, Hayden, three mornings a week so we've been kind of tied to our house. This morning I turned off the TV and music and just played with Sarah. Then I brought out the camera and stalked her like old times.

She turned 18 months old last Saturday and these photos totally capture who she is right now.

nose blower:



daddy's girl (waiting patiently for him to come home, even at 10 in the morning):



book lover:



tower builder:



babyGAP girl:



sand digger:



color lover:



happy clapper:



cookie monger:



camera bag snooper:



She's just so darn lovable right now (even when she's not).

She loves to give kiss mommy and daddy and Brent is even training her to scratch his back.

She talks up a storm and names everything in the room.

She recently started snuggling in the corner with her prayer books and her big ol' GAP teddy bear and then "reading" her prayers, followed by "MAY-MAY" (her verseion of "amen").

She knows all of her body parts and even, as of this morning, her bottom. It's lovely.

If someone in the house accidentally let's out a toot (BRENT!!!) Sarah will call you out on it with cries of "POOP!!!"

She's really into singing songs and filling in the blanks if you leave out a word for her. Her favorite lately is "BINGO", which she can actually spell if given the chance.

Anyway, she's a joy. A blessing, in fact. And I thank God for her everyday.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I know it's only been a week or two since you've posted pictures (sure SEEMS a lot longer!!!!!) but Sarah really seems like she's changed so much in that short time. She's becoming a 'little girl' right before our eyes!! This time really is very precious so I'm glad you are loving it even though it can be exhausting. (By the way, I let out a big chuckle about the "POOP!")

By the way, I've sure missed you - hope the selling/moving is coming along.

Andrea said...

Sarah is as cute as ever! You are a brave woman to have sand in the house! :)

Shelley said...

Beautiful girl, beautiful pictures!

the larsons said...

She really has changed before our eyes. She is just adorable, you guys!

Anonymous said...

Is that really sand in the house? OK, Sarah is absolutely amazing.

A.K. said...

yay! it's so good to have you back to blogging! i agree- she does look like she's growing up quite a bit! In the book lover picture she looks EXACTLY like you! one lucky little girl!

Denise said...

I'm amazed at all Sarah can do! That's incredible!! She's not just a babe, she's super smart! LOVE the pictures. They really do tell the story. She has grown a lot since January and is prettier even. What a sweet baby girl!!

Anonymous said...

erin, i love this post...

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I love the one of Sarah clapping...and Sarah's hair is so long and pretty. We look forward to seeing you all. XOXO

Anonymous said...

P.S. Uncle T is trying to teach Lily to scratch his head...so T has lost a few too many hairs. I'm thinking Lily knows how to do it but is trying to teach her daddy to do it himself =)

Ashley said...

Sarah is the epitome of a life lived relishing in the simple joys. Your pictures convey this simplistic love of life so well. You are incredibly talented! Keep up the good work-- I love to follow you guys! :)

Shana-Lynn said...

Beautiful post Erin. Sarah is such a smart girl. I love the pictures of her clapping her hands and blowing her nose. I agree, you are brave to have sand in your home. YIKES!

Dave said...

OMG! I love this post...Sarah looks SO much like you in that Third pic, were she is looking up.
Great pics...
PS I blogged too..:)

Jen said...

These were well worth waiting for! Welcome back, we missed you!

J.J. said...

love when we moms do posts like this of where they are RIGHT now! alla will say, 'daddy farting!' ha ha! love all the pics...

Terry said...

To this post grama says "May May"
(with emphasis!)

Megan said...

Sarah is so cute. She is really getting into that toddler/little girl stage. Lovely post.

Amy said...

Love the post, the pictures, and that little Pigbear!

Anonymous said...

Happy 18 months B-day Sarah and what a blessing for you and Brent. It sure is amazing how much you can love them isn't it! Gina

Shannon Marie said...

Absolutely love posts like this. Just perfect when you capture a day in the life of pigbear. She is such a beautiful girl & smart. You & Brent must be very proud!

Kelly Kuntz said...

LOL "poop" that cracks me up. My dad trained us to scrach his back too ;-)

Anonymous said...

FYI for all you 21 and counting commenters....If you want to know what Erin (we call her Dede) looked like at 18 months look at that post again.

Marci said...

Is that really sand? Does it actually stay on the towel? My daughter is 18 months today. Amazing how fast it goes. Sarah is just a doll.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! We've missed you. Can't believe how grown-up Sarah is looking.
Granny was pleased to see new photos.

Anonymous said...

I love this post.
it's a good reminder to savor and cherish all those little things.

...and I LOVE the shot of her waiting for dad. what a sweetie.

-elizabeth

Joyce said...

Glad to see that you're back to your blogging. I think you kept the last journal, long enough for all to see and get the word around...don't mess with Erin!!!
Sweet, sweet little Sarah. How very fortunate she has a wonderful mommy and daddy to show her love and happy times.
Love you....

Anonymous said...

Erin, I went to Baby Gap today just to see Sarah in her poster. What a great picture - while I was looking at it someone asked if they could help me and I said no I am just admiring the girl in your display - and I told her "I know her mom!!"

Carol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures! It's wonderful to see what she's like around her own home, not just at the craziness of playgroup.

Anonymous said...

What a great set of pictures; she's adorable. Such a personality! I can't wait to see that kiddo again!

Colleen from Alabama