Thursday, March 23, 2006

a glimpse

I have to revisit some pictures of Caroline and Sarah yesterday because there is one that is slightly haunting for a new parent. In a sweet, subtle way. I talked with Samantha yesterday after Sarah and I got back home and Sam had a chance to look at the pictures. She kept talking about "that one". I agreed. I knew which one she was talking about. There's a picture of the girls -not the best quality picture - that seems to capture their personalities. But not their "now" personalities. It seems to capture the essence of where they're going, who they'll be, how they'll act. It's like them as children. I showed it to Brent last night and he agreed.

So here it is...our girls in three, five, ten years...

And here's how I imagine the conversation going:

Sarah: Hey, Caroline, you know that hay that you see on the side of the road? The round kind?

Caroline: yeah.

Sarah: Well, did you know it's not good for horses?

Caroline: Why not?

Sarah: Cause they don't get a square meal!! That's my mommy's favorite joke

Caroline: That's lame (giggle, giggle). Sarah - you're so silly! Let me tell one now...Knock, Knock...

Sarah: Who's there...

Back to reality. Those are just the musings of two mommies watching their little girls grow up too fast. Did I mention, did you notice, that they're both SITTING?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, beautiful girls! Keep the pictures coming!
Miss you guys,
Meg

Anonymous said...

I had that same weird vibe when I saw the one you posted w/the potatoe casserole recipe! But my caption wasn't as funny.
Love,
Bored at work ;)

J.J. said...

love the make-out one:)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to cracking some jokes with baby Sarah...I assume if I end my jokes with a silly face, she's sure to laugh!
Looking forward to seeing you!
P.Cobb